𝐢𝐱. THE DESCENDANTS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  YEARNING FOR SOMEONE WAS QUITE the intriguing sensation. A feeling that Bailey hadn't felt before, at least not to this degree. It was different but somehow familiar. Bailey knew what it felt like to want something so she could recognize it (after a few moments of self-reflection). However, with Paul, there was something quite foreign. Maybe it was because he was a person? Bailey had never actively yearned for another person before—a person who wasn't family, and this certainly wasn't familial. Bailey had never dreamt of another person before, she'd never woken up thinking of another person either. But Paul was... well, different. He was such an enigma. What was so special about him? Why did he stand out? Why? Why? Why? 

"Bailey," came Bella's voice through a void of inconclusive thoughts, "are you okay?" 

Days had passed by now, time was moving a lot more discreetly, smoothly. Bella had changed. She wasn't miserable anymore and this time it was genuine. Not to mention she was rapidly improving on her bike to the point that Bailey was beginning to be more lenient on the whole situation—she still strictly prohibited Bella from driving the motorcycle on the open road or in traffic; she hadn't improved that much.  

"You look deep in thought," Bella said, almost surprised by her own words. After all, Bailey hardly looked like anything, she almost always had a blank look on her face so for Bella to be able to decipher how she was feeling, well, it had to be something big. 

Bailey blinked. She looked down at her breakfast, a meal she'd completely forgotten about. Her bacon was cold, pancakes soggy from being drenched in maple syrup for too long, and her cold glass of juice was now room temperature. 

"Why did you become obsessed with Edward?" she asked straightforwardly. 

Bella stared at her younger sister for a short while. There were times when she wanted to look into Bailey's mind and wonder what was going on there. Why was she suddenly bringing up Edward again and at a time like this? 

"I don't follow." Bella tried to remain calm. 

Instead of cluing Bella into what she was thinking Bailey retreated into her mind, pondering what she should do next. There was a chance, maybe a slight chance, that this wasn't like Edward and Bella. At least Paul was alive and at least he didn't crave her blood; she didn't get any indication that he was trying to kill her either. 

Unfortunately, similar to how Bella had been with Edward, Bailey wanted to investigate Paul, to know more about him; more about his supernatural side. He had done a very poor job at denying her allegations but that was fine. Bailey was certain she was going to get him to confess, to admit that he was a werewolf... from there, well, who knows. If she recalled what happened with Edward and Bella, they got closer once the truth was revealed. Did Bailey want to get closer with Paul? Or did she just want to uncover another scientific mystery? Only time would tell.