The beginning

Since we are starting right from the top let's begin from where it all started .

(May, 2016 )

The summer vacations were arriving and I had a lot of free time on my mind. The school exams had just ended and everyone was excited for the one and a half month break we were about to get. Everyone was discussing about either trips or catching up on books left halfway due to exams. I wasn't much enthusiastic about either of those . For starters I had always been an avid reader therefore never left any books halfway through. I was already ahead of the hottest sensational books the rest of the class was just catching up on. Which meant it wasn't anything I had to wait to do on vacations . As for travelling, my parents had always loved adventures and trips so much so that I had almost seen half of the country by the time I was 10 thereby the thrill of travelling wasn't maddening for me either.

Sitting on the couch sipping hot tea mom had prepared I exclaimed in a rather high pitched voice to emphasize my seriousness, "Mom I want a furry companion. I am a single child and I feel lonely sometimes. "

"Well young lady do you have the commitment and time to give it the comfortable life it deserves?" Mom replied in a sarcastic voice.

"Of course . I have given it a lot of thought and realized that having a dog means taking it for walks and I have seen way too many street dogs who follow them which make me scared . Plus I don't think I am much of a morning person either so that's off the table . After a lot of research I have come to a decision that it has to be a cat. It doesn't need to go for a walk which is the biggest obstacle." I said.

Mom looked quite surprised at the fact that I had actually given it a thought and was not just blabbering like every other teenager who was throwing a tantrum.

She said then in a hastily manner sipping the last drops of tea, "Alright I will think about it and also I have to discuss it with dad. Nothing is final until then okay ?"

The very next morning I started looking at options from where I could get myself a pet . I started asking around in school and found that a friend of mine had an uncle who was a breeder of Persian cats . I had also spoken to a few pet shops and discussed prices and made a shortlist .

(June, 2016)

We kept going around the topic of whether or not to bring a pet home. The topic was sometimes subtly brought up during dinners so that it couldn't be avoided however it kept being postponed .

One morning I was sitting on the couch in my nightie having hot water when the helping hand arrived . As I opened the door for her I noticed something strange ...