Part One

It was a cold, winter's day in Elmore, California. Christmas had just ended a few days before and everyone around town was winding down from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Lights and decorations were stored away and Christmas specials stopped airing on T.V. Radio stations resumed to their normal playlists. The only thing that remained from the holiday season was the snow, glistening on top of cars, roofs and the ground below. It seemed as if everyone was relieved from all their worries and fears.....

...that is, everyone but Gumball Tristopher Watterson. 

     The blue cat was sprinting across the upstairs hallway and down the stairs towards the kitchen of his house. His fur was messy and he had bags under his eyes, indicting lack of sleep. His adopted brother, Darwin, was having breakfast at the table and Gumball skidded to a halt in front of him. He began to stutter in a panic and banged his hands on the table to get his brother's attention.  

     "Y-you won't believe w-what h-happened last night!!" Gumball managed to say after a few seconds of Darwin staring at him.  He looked as if he was about to have a mental breakdown at any second. 

"Yeah, what?" Darwin said, his eyes returning to the cereal bowl in front of him

"W-well, you know that horror movie that just came out?! The one that everyone's talking about these days?!" Gumball asked.
"Yeah?" 
Well, I-I saw the trailer for it last night while I was on Elmore Stream-it, and I-I-I..." Gumball tried to swallow the lump forming in his throat. 

"...and you couldn't sleep because of it?"

     Darwin then yelped as Gumball grabbed him by the shoulders, making his spoon fall out of his hand and onto the ground below. Gumball stared deep into his green eyes with his blue, sleep-depriven orbs. "WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE HORROR MOVIES FEATURING DOLLS, MAN?! ALL THEY DO IS GIVE YOU NIGHTMARES THAT KEEP YOU UP AT NIGHT UNTIL YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE DEFINITION OF SLEEP IS!!!" Gumball banged his head on the table and began to sob.   

     Darwin raised an eyebrow in confusion

     Darwin raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Uh...that's kinda the point of horror movies, dude. Also, if you wanna get a good nights sleep, you probably shouldn't be watching videos online at one in the morning." He picked up his spoon from off the ground and carried it to the kitchen sink along with his cereal bowl to rinse it. He then began to rinse them, but stopped as he saw Gumball slowly walking behind him. He was looking around in a panic, as if something would jump out from behind the corner at any second.