Part Four

*Thought the music at the top would be a great piece for the intro scene! Anyway, read along!*

   "Alright.  I think that should just about do it." Carrie said as she opened her eyes. "The cameras are all set inside the basement." She then conjured two walkie talkies out of thin air and threw them at Darwin and Gumball. "Here are some walkie talkies and a flashlight so you can contact us from inside if you find anything." 

"Whoa-wait a second!" Gumball stuttered in protest. "You want us to go down there?!?" 
"Yep." Carrie nodded as she turned on the video monitors and checked to see if everything was working properly. "Uh, Carrie, not to be rude," Darwin questioned. "but I'm pretty sure the last thing Gumball and I want is for our souls to be swallowed by a revenge-seeking poltergeist!"

"As do I." Carrie agreed. She then took out a bottle of water and unscrewed the cap. "And this will make sure that doesn't happen...I hope."

"What do you-Ahh!!" Gumball and Darwin yelped as Carrie threw the water on them and didn't stop until the bottle was completely empty

"DUDE! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!" Darwin yelled as he shook the water off of his face. 

"It's holy water." Anais explained. "And you're gonna need a ton of it, I'm assuming." "She's right." Carrie agreed. "Oh, and one last thing before you guys go."

The two boys huddled around her. 

   "Gumball. Darwin. Listen to me carefully." She spoke in a hushed whisper. "This is a real .life. demon we're dealing with. Adele's not gonna go easy on you just because you're kids. She...will...kill you if she has the chance." 

Darwin swallowed hard and squeezed Gumball's hand tightly as she spoke.

"Do not let her have that chance." The female ghost ordered. She sighed and hugged the two boys. "Anais and I will watch the cameras and tell you if we see anything out of your point of vision. I wish you the best of luck."

The two boys slowly walked towards the door to the basement and slowly opened it.