ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

The woman who proclaimed herself to be Mother Nature stared at Arthur emotionlessly. She tilted her head to the side, "I am not kidding you."

Arthur grunt and turned to look at his father who simply shrugged.

Arthur sighed as he faced the woman once more. Mother Nature turned around, "come we must get to the shores of the village."

Wordlessly the two males followed the female. In caution they looked at each other as they walked to shore.

They reached the shore, as they did the water splatter down as if there was never walls in the first place. Her green eyes glowed slightly before going back to their emerald shade.

Arthur crossed his arms, "okay who are you exactly."

Mother Nature was confused, "as I said before, I am Mother Nature."

Arthur elaborated, "I mean a name sweet cheeks."

She tilted her head to the side somewhat adorably, "sweet cheeks?"

Arthur released a frustrated sigh, "just tell me your name."

Mother Nature shook her head. "A Queen does not give out her name, but her title."

Arthur released an amused chuckle, "you're a funny one."

Mother Nature's face was back to expressionless, "I am not trying to be funny, Arthur Curry."

Arthur side glanced her, "You know my name?"

Mother Nature nodded, "Every being knows of your existence, Arthur Curry: The newly crowned King of Atlantis."

Arthur tsked, "Well you should head off now lady."

Mother Nature, glanced towards the distance, "Indeed I do, have a good night gentlemen."

She turned away and walked off, slowly disappearing in their sights.

Arthur kept an eye on her back as soon as she disappeared, he turned to face his father; who was crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.

Arthur raised an eyebrow, "what?"

His father gave him 'that smile.' "You were checking her out."

Arthur brushed it off, "Pshh, no I wasn't."

His father chuckled at his attempt, "son you were looking at her backside, and her butt."

Arthur gave a side smirk and just walked away. His father quickly tailed him back to the lighthouse, Arthur commented "she did have a nice butt - and back, and face."

His father shook his head and laughed, whilst he patted his son on the shoulder in amusement.

Terra teleported back to her kingdom unannounced. She walked through the rich, luscious green grass towards the fountain.

She peered at the water for a few minutes before slipping her hands in the constant running water. She began to think deep in thought.

Arthur Curry was not the man she expected to be. She expected him to be somewhat like his half-brother Orm. Ambitious, confident, and somewhat demanding.

Arthur was somewhat more playful and blunt - a rather interesting combination, yet it was somewhat refreshing. Perhaps of his birth of being a half breed made him different.

She snapped out of her thoughts when one of her attendants arrived; one of the forest elves greeted her respectfully, as she did the same.

The elf smiled at their queen, "My Queen, we are happy you came back. How was your trip from the human realm?"

Terra smiled gently at the curious elf, "it was rather wonderful. Though I would have to say, Mankind are getting too greedy."

The elf tilted their head curiously, "may I ask why?"

Terra sat down on the side of the fountain, "the pollution is worse - as their reasons for science and manufacturing increase."

The elf frowned, "that's terrible My Queen, what shall you do?"

Terra looked up at the constantly moving skies, "give them a punishment of course."

Arthur looked out of the window from the kitchen. Another storm is brewing, though it did not seem it was heading to this direction.

Arthur let out a sigh as he took two mugs and walked into the living room where his father laid resting.

He placed the extra mug on the table as Arthur just stared at the lit fireplace in front of him.

He thought to himself deeply as time went on. He rubbed his jaw in deep thought, "Mother Nature huh?"

He took a sip of the hot beverage he was holding as the night continued on.

Terra looked up at the full moon illuminating her open bedroom, she leaned out of the balcony, reviewing the events of today in the human realm, "half-Atlantean and Man, how interesting."

She looked up at the moon once more, as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the clear scent of the greenery around her.

The goddess turned away to retreat back into her bedroom, she wondered around barefoot, as her dress trailed after her. She crouched down to the floor as she peered at the dead plant in front of her, she placed her hand above of the plant as her eyes grew green once more. 

The plant was slowly coming back to life, the process made the goddess smile as she completed a task. 

She stood up and brushed off her gown, she turned and walked out of her bedroom, and into the throne room where she sat to rule.

Arthur woke up on the couch, he looked to the side to see that his father was no longer sleeping but sipping tea in the mug he placed. 

Arthur mumbled, "good morning."

His father smiled as he greeted him back. Both attentions were turned towards the television next to the fireplace as the news reporter announced, "Nature strikes back again, this time pouring back majority of remaining litter in the oceans back to the beaches, with a few of Submarines also washed up on shore."

His father commented, "she must have been angry."

Arthur looked at his father with a raised eyebrow, "who?"

His father continued sipping his tea, "the woman last night; Mother Nature."

Arthur rolled his eyes, "nah, must have been someone from Atlantis."

His father placed the mug down, "she saved us last night Arthur, she may be the real deal."

Arthur sat back, "so she has water powers like Mera. No big deal."

His father sighed, "but would you think Mera would be able to control that much water, resulting this?"

Arthur looked back at the television as it showed photos of the resulting tsunami that happened last night. He thought deeply to himself, of the woman and Atlantis.

Arthur stood up, "I'm gonna go out for a bit."

His father nodded as Arthur made his way out of the lighthouse down to the pier; where the ocean meets the land.