Painful heart ~ Oliver

"Merrily we fall out of line, out of line. I'd fall anywhere with you, I'm by your side."

The difficult times in which Oliver would stare in the distance, his thoughts clouding his mind. You would walk up to him, hug him from behind and stay there. Just in silence, standing with each other. Until he turned around, looked you in the eyes and smiled, fully charged. That's when you knew he was okay for now and you would smile back. 

A punch send you back against the wall, wobbly you fell to your knees . 

"I am not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid"

The force grabbed you by the throat and lifted you up. With one eye you looked up, hatred filled in it. In return you received spit in your face and were thrown to the other side of the room. You tried picking yourself up, but ended up only coughing. Blood covered the ground underneath you and you clenched your chest. Your heart felt like it would burst out of your chest and you felt each heartbeat vibrate through your entire body. You were tired, drained off energy. But it was the pain that took over your body, making you feel worn, broken, captive and cold.

"Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me. I'm torn"

The exciting times in which Oliver would have your back and you his. The missions in which you worked so well together. Standing back to back against each other, your minds connected in some kind of magical way. 

Your turned around, but were picked up again. No strength left inside of you could free yourself from the grip. You struggled trying to loosen it. Then a hand collided with your face, pushing you head back. Your hood flew off and your hair came loose. Your head smashed harshly against the wall behind you and there you lay. No hood, no mask, open to the one in front of you. Broken, with wounds, breathless and so damn tired. You tilted your head up slightly. You held your hand to your side, flinching at the gushing wound. You had no chance, so you just looked the person in front of you straight in the eyes and smirked. Just smirked.

"Forever is a long, long time"

A kick to the stomach left you sprawled somewhere in the room, your back against the cold hard floor. You looked up at the ceiling. 

The happy times in which you and Oliver just smiled at each other. 

"Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile"

It did not matter what moment, the smiles made it okay. They made it bearable. Made it happy. Would he come now? Would those times come back ever again? 

You felt weaker and weaker. You looked to the side and smiled. Alone it was, right? Your body felt limp and your arm fell to your side. Your eyes closed slowly, a final breath leaving your lips. 

"I wouldn't mind it at all"

A/N: There you go, guys! I hope you enjoyed this kind of differently written story. Let me know what you thought. I tried my best matching the story with the song, I hope it kind of worked out? I enjoyed writing this, it contained a lot of emotions and was kind of abstract. The story is quite open and I left it up to you to imagine what exactly is happening. Of course you don't have to, taking in what is written is mysterious and in a way beautiful. Again, I hope you enjoyed. ^^