Russia x Country! Reader- The Dumb Drunk Deal (TDDD)

Buzz, buzz, buzz. The meeting room was mostly silent, the noise coming from the fan. Ivan was one of the first ones there, always.

He sat stiffly, wondering what boring subject would be discussed in today's meeting.

He then heard light footsteps- and he quickly wiped the small grin on his face, knowing who it was.

"Hey, Ivan!" Y/n plopped onto a chair next to him. "Can't wait for another boring meeting again!"

Ivan smiled. "Y/n, you always say these meetings are so boring, but you're always so happy. Why is that?"

Y/n shrugged. "I don't know. Everyone expects me to be happy, so I am. After all, someone's gotta keep the morale up."

Then the other countries came in, mostly disorganized. In a small, undisclosed island in the Pacific Ocean, was a special meeting. Only the big powers of the world met there- with one exception.

As the country of the small and humble C/n, Y/n L/n was often overlooked- at least a few years ago. At first, in a Worldwide International meeting, she was ignored. Nobody noticed her.

Nobody, except Russia. That fateful day when she had unknowingly sat next to the biggest country in the world, she wasn't afraid, rude, or a kiss ass. She was just Y/n.

She talked to him often, like a normal person- an acquaintance.

Ivan loved her company. What started as an unexpected colleague slowly grew into something more. Much more.

After a few years of being allies, Ivan could no longer look at Y/n without feeling the urge to kiss her, to love her, and to protect her.

She had grown popular in the last few years, which made Ivan happy considering Y/n was happier after making friends... However, he couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Jealous of all the attention she was given.

He didn't want anyone to make a move on her, he wanted to do it himself- but the Russian was much too shy.

Despite being an assertive man, Ivan practically crumbled in the hands or even from the look of Y/n.

So, here he was, still single, and desperately wanting to mingle with the cutie.

The room was full and the meeting had begun.

Much to the boredom of Ivan, the meeting was soon taken over by an obnoxious rival of his.

Alfred Fucking Jones.

Much to his dismay, Y/n didn't seem to mind the overrun of the American. In fact, she talked to him often, as he was a trading and military ally.

"Dudette, that's totally great idea!!" He exclaimed. "We should totally do that!"

"I second that. Good idea, Miss L/n." Arthur nodded.

"Ve, you're always so smart!" Exclaimed Feliciano. "No wonder why everyone likes you!"

Y/n laughed, smiling wide. "Aww, really? It was just a simple idea! Besides, my best ally, Ivan here, helped with the planning!" She rested a hand on his arm, much to his pleasant surprise. "Without him, I doubt the plan would be as great!"

Ludwig cracked a small smile. "Good solution and collaboration, Miss Y/n, and Mr. Ivan. I'm sure this will help with the population of the fish supply."

"Ahh, thank you all so much for the compliments! Is there anything else we need to do?"

Everyone shrugged. Some of the more mature countries flipped through their papers.

"Uhh, actually, we don't..."

"Really? Are you sure?" Y/n asked.

"Yes. Ever since you joined, most of our biggest concerns were met..." Kiku said, shocked. "I think we're done here. You've done a great job, Y/n-chan. Everything else is personal."