b u s r i d e

ship: mctorious
mccreamy x inotorious
prompt: a long and not so lonely bus ride
═════
thank you -smii7ys for the request, i hope i met your expectations :)

the door opened slowly, and matt stepped onto he crowded bus. he searched for a seat. his only options being next to a homeless guy or another guy with his hoodie up who looked oddly suspicious.

matt decided to sit next too the hoodie guy.

"is this seat open?" the guy jumped, then looked over at matt. he shook his head and matt smiled at him.

the bus ride was going to be long, and part of matt hoped hoodie guy would stick around.

about thirty minutes into the ride, when everyone was gone but matt and the hoodie guy, the american decided to speak.

"where are you headed too?" matt cringed, "that wasn't supposed to sound so stalkerish." he laughed nervously.

"melbourne, about another hour or so away. how about you?"

"oh! same, why you heading there?"

hoodie guy twittled with his thumbs nervously, "oh, that's cool. i'm going to see some friends. you?"

"me too, those fuck heads couldn't take care of themselves so i have to come back. they are all high 3 year olds." the two laughed, causing the bus driver to look back at them with an annoyed look.

"you seem nice, what's your name?" hoodie guy said to break the tense silence.

"im matt, and you are?"

"jay," hoodie guy said smiling.

"that's a pretty name, jay." jay blushed and tried to hide it by looking out the window.

stay with me by sam smith start playing on the radio, and jay was quietly singing to himself.

"whoa you have a beautiful singing voice."

jay chuckled embarrassingly and blushed. "im not that good.."

matt punched his arm lightly, "are you kidding me? you sounded like an actual angel. come on, sing a little more," jay shook his head. "pleaseeee." matt pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

jay groaned, "fine."

he started singing again and matt just watched in awe. once the song was over matt flipped and started shaking jay by his shoulders.

"s-sorry, i just got excited! you sound stunning, don't doubt yourself."

jay blushed, again. "thank you.."

matt smiled sweetly at him.

-

it was almost matt and jay's stop, and jay was sleeping against matt's shoulder.

"jay," matt whispered and shook him slightly.

the kiwi opened his eyes slowly, jumping off matt quickly when he realized he was sleeping on him.

"sorry.." he mumbled.

"its okay, we're here by the way."

jay looked out the window, seeing they were in fact close to the stop.

the bus slowed to a stopping point, and the doors opened. the two stood up and thanked the bus driver.

"hey before you go, can i maybe get your number? i want to stay in touch." matt asked jay, his phone already opened to 'contacts'

"of course." jay tiredly reached for the american's phone, punching in his number and saving the contact.

"great, i'll see you around?"

"yeah, see you around."

they waved too each other and went their separate ways.

matt should really start riding the bus more often.