h i g h s c h o o l 2

part two of last chapter!
══════

cameron was an odd person, toby found out. although being a popular he wasn't very much like them. in fact the only thing he had in common with them was he played sports. the taller had more in common with toby then his own friends, which surprised toby.

stereotypically, popular boys were always fuck boys. wanting nothing but sex out of a relationship. but cameron was sweet and considerate, the night of homecoming was filled with soft smiles and bright blushes. toby always the one to blush, of course.

cameron had picked up toby two hours prior to the dance, both of them dressed up nicely in suits. parents took pictures, and then they were off.

"where are we going?" toby asked and looked over at the boy driving.

"you'll see!" cam chirped back and turned on the radio.

"welcome back to 94.1! next up we have a request, the person wanted to stay anonymous, next is drops of jupiter by train!"

toby smiled as he recognized the song title. this song was beautiful, the mix of space and soft music made toby's heart explode. when the song started toby hummed along, tapping his fingers too.

cameron smiled softly at the other's actions, "you're adorable."

toby stopped humming, blushing and hiding his face behind his hands. cameron laughed as toby got flustered. he really was adorable.

but tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet

finally they made it to what looked to be a field.

"i know it doesn't look like much, but i thought we could have a small picnic before the dance. just us, you know?"

toby nodded and smiled brightly. exiting the car and helping set up the small picnic cameron had planned out.

-

time of dance

the small gym was packed with kids. outcast lingered on the sides, near the bleachers. populars were all on the dance floor, shoulder to shoulder and rubbing up against each other.

cameron had gone to go to the bathroom, which left toby alone near the food stand. the food was way to overpriced for depressed jobless teenagers.

when toby spotted cameron walking his way he sighed in relief. now he didn't have to look like a complete loser.

"hi," cam shouted over the music and chatting people.

"hi," toby said back smiling slightly.

drops of juptier started playing and toby smiled, "toby, come dance with me!"

before toby could reply cameron dragged him farther into the big crowd, giggling at the freaked out look on toby's face.

can you imagine your first dance, freeze-dried romance

in that moment it was just the two if them, no one else mattered. besides the occasional bump into someone else the pair didn't seem to notice anyone else.

but tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet

the two smiled at each other, cameron kissed toby's cheek and giggled at the blush that rose to his cheeks.

when the song ended neither if the boys wanted to let go but sadly had to.

cameron smiled and blushed, "i'm going to go grab some water. i'll be back." toby nodded at him, walking back to the spot he had previously been.

"holy shit dude, you and cameron looked like you were in love." jay, one of toby's close friends, said from beside him. causing the other to jump.

jay chuckled at the reaction.

toby blushed, "you know, i just might be." toby watched as cameron made his way over with a water bottle in his hand, he smiled and did a little wave at toby when he caught him staring.

-

at toby's porch step, saying goodbyes

"oh yeah, i purposely made the dj play that song so i could dance with you. you were humming and tapping along in the car, meaning it must have some meaning too you. im glad i did that."

toby chuckled lightly, "im glad you did that to."

cameron pressed one last kissed to toby's cheek before heading off.

man were they head over heels for each other