Part 6

Waking up to a dagger at her throat was just as scary as one could imagine it'd be.

The princess had surprisingly slept well despite the cold and wetness, but she couldn't help the spike in heart rate when she was alarmingly woken up.

"Ello, love. Long time, no see," She heard.

The voice sent chills down her spine as she recognized it immediately as one her evil captors, James. Her eyes frantically searched the area to see two other men holding Tom back, his hands already tied behind his back.

"Get away from her!" He shouted.

The princess couldn't keep her composure. She was shaking beyond belief and she had no doubt everyone could see the fear rested upon her features. Tom and her were surrounded. The company of thugs that she had been imprisoned by were all there. At least 20 men, maybe 30.

Tears had already begun to well in her eyes.

"Now, now... don't forget your lessons. Queens don't cry," James mocked as he gently dragged the dagger across her face, teasing the skin.

She couldn't speak. There was no way she could. For one, she was just too terrified. And two, she had learned early on into her imprisonment that it was better to just keep her mouth shut.

James grabbed her roughly by the collar of her dress and dragged her over by Tom. He smiled a most disgusting smirk at Tom.

"Enjoying your time with the princess, have you?" James spoke to Tom.

A chill ran up the princess' back as she realized it wouldn't be long before Tom realized the truth.

"Let us go. We don't want any trouble." Tom said gruffly.

Both the princess and Tom were pulled down next to each other on their knees. James only laughed at Tom's words.

"The kingdom wants no trouble, but her father," James said while pointing at the princess, "doesn't seem to care does he?"

The princess' breaths were erratic now. She couldn't believe that they found her. And not only that, Tom was now wrapped up in this mess. Tom's brow furrowed, confused.

James laughed at her unstable state and said, "Sorry, Your Highness, but someone had to pay for your family's crimes A little wench like you is nothing, anyways."

At that, the princess knew that Tom must realize what's going on now. She tentatively turned her head towards him. His stare was hard and glaring, but also confused like he was asking, 'Is it true?' She nodded, confirming his thoughts. He took a deep breath and then turned his head straight forward and away from the princess.

The princess felt her world collapsing around her. Tom was angry, outrageously angry. And a group of abusive, evil men had captured her once again. She felt as though there was no hope left in the world. She felt alone again, just like she had felt for the three months she had been taken.

The princess kept her eyes on the ground not being able to bear the look that Tom was undoubtedly giving her. Luckily for her, she didn't have the chance to see much longer because they were throwing cloth bags over their heads moments later, turning their world dark.

"Tie them up and let's proceed to our next campsite."

The princess couldn't help but notice that they didn't backtrack, but rather continued forward. Tom and the princess couldn't see anything. Their hands were tied behind their backs as someone roughly pulled them along. They kept tripping along the path, unable to see their footing.

For a while, all the princess could determine was her disorientation. She hated this. She had finally escaped only to be back and now having brought Tom, who she thought fondly of. She couldn't imagine what he was thinking right now. He probably hated her now, she realized.