Part 7

The princess had not said anything since she reached one thousand sentences an hour ago.

Tom had tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't speak. She wouldn't even acknowledge him. She was stoic and zoned out, staring straight forward.

Tom wanted to cry. It hurt him so badly to see the princess so terrified. He wanted her to talk to him, but he knew he had to be careful and couldn't push her.

The men, for the most part, ignored them after she had finished her "lesson." It made Tom want to throw up. He couldn't imagine how Y/N must feel.

He didn't want her to be embarrassed or ashamed, but he knew that was probably how she was feeling. Tom remembered the bruises littered on her body when he first met her. He was sure that the princess felt like she had no choice but to say the sentence. He wanted to hold her and tell her that it was alright and that he had a plan to get them out of this.

But, he didn't. He had no idea how to get out of this situation. He felt completely helpless. They were simply outnumbered. Not only that, but these people felt very strongly about the royal family. There was no way he'd be able to convince someone to help them.

He sighed, defeated. He decided to try to talk to her again.

"Y/N," he whispered. "Are you alright?"

The princess didn't say anything.

"Hey, I know you're scared, but it's going to be okay. We are going to get out of this."

She remained silent.

"Please talk to me, Y/N."

Slowly, she turned her head to face him, the first time she had done this in two hours. Tom smiled kindly.

"I'm...okay," the princess said softly.

Tom could tell that she was indeed not okay, but he was working with what he could get.

"Okay. Everything's going to be fine, alright?" He reassured.

The princess nodded glumly and then looked down.

"Okay, brat, it's time to keep moving," James taunted as he walked over to the princess.

Tom clenched his jaw as he did the best he could as not cussing the guy out.

"Don't touch her!" Tom shouted impulsively.

James laughed and a few other men sauntered over, noticing the commotion.

"Don't touch her? What do you mean 'Don't touch her.'?" He mocked. "Don't touch her like this?"

He ran a violating hand through the princess' hair as she sucked in a breath.

"Stop." Tom pressed.

"Or don't touch her like this?" He spoke while grabbing her chin harshly, surely hard enough to bruise.

"I swear to god if you don't get your hands off of her, I'll-"

"You'll what? What are you going to do, Mr. Tom Holland? You seem to be in a pretty low position to be making threats."

Tom didn't know what to say. He knew he was right, but his blood was boiling. Y/N's abuser had his hands all over her and Tom was right there, but he couldn't do anything about it.

When Tom didn't reply, James laughed. "That's what I thought. Boys, let's keep moving."

Before long, cloth bags were being thrown over their heads as they were pulled roughly through the forest. Tom's feet began to ache after awhile, but he was sure the princess was doing worse.