Chapter 3 - Escape

Escape Time. That went through my mind. But how? I had no weapons, no clothes, and my hands were still cuffed. I had to find the bloody key. Suddenly a sharp pain hit my chest. I gasped in pain but brushed it off.

"SHOOT," I groaned.

Locking the doors to the car, I rushed to the back. HIs fanny pack lay there. There were tons of zippers.

"What the hell does he put in a fanny pack? Jesus, I didn't even know guys wore these..." I laughed to myself.

After a few minutes, I came upon a tiny silver key dangling on a larger key.

"Perfect."

I slipped out of the nasty handcuffs and stepped on them before throwing them out the window. But the thing is, I was in a car, and I didn't know how to drive one. I was only sixteen! Guess I'll have to find another way, I thought to myself. This sucked, so bad. I started stripping the gruff man down. Even though the shirt was soaked with blood I decided that it was better than nothing. Flipping it inside out, I patted the blood with a paper to make it less soggy. It didn’t work as well as I thought it’d be. Slipping it on, I realized that it was WAY too baggy for me. But really, who would notice. I used a few bobby pins and extended it clipping the extra air together. Finally, I put my hair up and stuffed it in the black cap with the initials of E.M.H.

I stepped out of the car with confident and with no hesitation, I walked towards another man that seemed to work there.

With the deepest man voice I could do I asked, "Where do you get the new weapons? I seem to have lost my gun."

"Uhh...Brian? Is that you? You seem to have grown short. Or…I grew taller," the man said.

"Just give me the guns. I'm in a hurry. The boss said so," I shot back.

"Ok. ok. You should know. Gee.. But it's not here. You're far from it. It's in the headmaster's quarters. By the way where'd you come from?"

"Hell," I said.

I started running and I heard him calling my name. Bullets were fired as he found out that I wasn't Brian. 

"HEY GET BACK HERE!" he screamed.

No way was I going to turn myself in. I had just succeeded so all I needed was to be cautious and to cover up my tracks. Was this even possible? Was I going to get caught? Suddenly another sharp pain hit my chest.

"Aah," I groaned.

I continued running and finally reached the front doors. Peering through the windows, I walked in.

"Brian! Thank god you're here!" the registration lady said, "My you've changed in like a few hours!"

I punched the girl in the cheek. She collapsed to the floor. Were my punches that strong? I jumped over the desk and in no time, I was at the computer searching for information. The headmaster's room was right on the eighth floor. I decided to change into one of the delinquents clothes on the way up. As I took off my shirt, I took a glance in a mirror. Taking a double take, I gasped. A bat of some sort was carved in my chest. Dried blood bordered it. What did it mean? All of a sudden, I had a craving. A craving for a red substance. BLOOD.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

Touching the carving, I heard a slight sizzling sound. The cut was deep but for some reason it didn't hurt. I shook my head. What was this adding up to? Vampires? Suddenly, still in the room, something whooshed by me. I swiftly turned around. No I wasn't going to say “Hello” like what they do in serial killer moves. That’s just retarded. I was going to find whatever that was that brushed by me. But, I was frightened. What was happening? My life was so full of shit right now. 

Picking up the mini pocketknife I had snatched from the gruff man’s fanny pack, I started from the middle of the room and to one side. Suddenly something whooshed by me again making my hair fly everywhere. Was this some kind of sick joke? I decided to forget about it and get out of the room. I hurriedly finished getting dressed and headed out of the room pacing hastily. 

Reaching the elevator, I frantically pressed the up button. I wasn't going to wait. No, I wasn't going to take the stairs. Eight stories? Hell no. Finally the elevator dinged and I walked in. No one was inside, so I was relieved. Pressing the number eight button, my eyeballs rolled around, cautious of my surroundings.

Suddenly, I felt something breathe down my neck. The hairs on my neck stood up. I gasped. Gulping, I slowly turned around. No one was there. Was it my imagination? The elevator was only to the second floor. What was taking forever? Then the lights started flickering and I saw a figure run in like super speed all around me.

Breathing hard, I walked towards the elevator door banging on it for help. I wasn’t going to take a chance. Especially when this thing wasn't even human. I was pulled back by a hand. The grip was strong and it was sure to leave marks. Something breathed down the top of my head.

"No one's gonna help you," the thing said.

I wailed, "HELP! SOMEONE! HELP MEEEEE!"

"Let me make this clear. NO ONE'S GONNA HELP YOU!" the man threw me across the elevator allowing my body to bash on the elevator doors. 

I looked up. The thing looked familiar. Almost as if I've seen him somewhere. Then, it hit me. It was him. The man who killed my sister.