Chapter 4 - Sakatome

The man cackled and his voice echoed in my ears. I was scared. Freaked out in fact. I took a deep breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Wait was this man even in the elevator when I walked in?

“Who are you?” I asked the usual question.

I was shaking and I balled up. Not daring to move, not daring to breathe. When were the elevator doors going to open?

"Me? I'm sorry I haven't exactly introduced myself. I'm Sakatome. I must look familiar in your eyes," Sakatome's fingernails turned from dull to sharp, like a knife.

I gasped.

Suddenly he was right in front of my face, "I've been watching you. Closely, to see if you're just like you're sister.."

"Raven?" I questioned.

"Ah yes. We called her Baby Doll. She was a new one," the man rasped.

I reached for the open button, "Don't try. The elevator's stopped alright. Just not on the right floor," he laughed.

I decided to negotiate and make this situation clear, "You killed her!" 

"Aahh. Yes. Because she broke the codes. Sad. Her death."

I scowled, "Are you...a...a vampire?

The man was speechless. It was my turn. I jumped up in a rush and grabbed towards the man. I ran right into the wall. I fell to the floor grabbing my bruised head.

"You think you’re on my level?" he chortled.

Sakatome grabbed and pinched my cheeks leaving a deep scratch in one of them. My skin sizzled and the man started cackling.

"Why don't you, I don’t know, join our little group? You’re fit. Perfect description. We want you," Sakatome hissed.

"No. I'm not gonna be a vampire to someone who killed my sister!!!!" I screamed.

"Look. It was her lost. She broke it herself but that doesn't mean it's your fault. You've got enough enemies and I guarantee you, you don't want me as one."

I gulped. What would happen if I said yes? Maybe I could kill him in his sleep. Wait, do they even sleep in coffins? I was breathing hard.

"Don't make up your choice now. Think about it."

"No," I gruffly said, "In your dreams."

"I--" Sakatome started screaming.

The elevator doors opened and Sakatome disappeared. A woman stepped in.

"Uh. Aren't you a delinquent?" the woman asked.

"Errr. No," I denied.

Just as the doors opened to the eighth floor I ran right into a man spilling his coffee all over me. The hotness bubbled into my skin making it burn.

"AHH!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He apologized.

I swear that the hotness melted into my skin. Heading down the hallway, I saw a door. Slowly opening it, the hinges creaked making me jump a little. Thank god no one was inside. Tiptoeing in, I made my way towards another door. It wasn't the gun room, it was her closet.

I swung around meeting a tall, unbelievably skinny woman. She was a redneck and her hair flowed to her shoulders.I gasped.

"Uh. uh...Are you a delinquent?" she asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I...you wanted to see me?" I questioned.

"Name? And I'm addressed as Ma'am. Not you."

"Uh. My name? It's... AJ," I said the first name that popped into my mind.