||:5:||

The Doctor sat up and looked around her at the carnage flooded in red from the emergency lighting, the newly fixed console was broken and sparking wires and panels out of place, the door was on the wall just out of reach, Ryan on the floor clutching his ankle, Graham crouching next to him arm wrapped around Ryan's back. The Doctor felt sick as she looked at the damage, especially the amazing girl lying on the floor next to her. 

Yaz was on the floor, curled up in a ball, she hadn't moved from where they landed. She was holding onto her sides trying to distract herself from the pain by humming to herself but the tears started welling in her eyes and she started shaking, stressed and hurt and tired, she just wanted to sleep right there on the floor, but she couldn't worry the Doctor, Yaz knew she already had enough to worry about.

The Doctor looked over at Graham and Ryan, "Are you two okay? Is there anything I can do to help?" 

Graham stopped whispering to Ryan and looked up, "It's okay, don't worry doc, I've got him." He smiled at the doctor and shook his head at the girl lying on the floor, "Are you okay Yaz?" He called across the room.

"Yeah." She whispered voice croaky and shaking, the doctor quickly raced back to Yaz and crouched down next to her. Yaz's black was tangled and covering her face, the Doctor reached forwards carefully and brushed it back behind her ear to reveal her tear stained face, she had many small cuts and big bruises all over, "I'm so sorry, I truly am." The Doctor whispered stroking her black hair, trying to make her feel better.

Slowly she sat up with her right arm wrapped around her left side, and her left arm on the Doctor's shoulder for support. "Don't worry." Yaz whispered back and stumbled to a stand. The Doctor stood up and joined her, brushing her coat down and wrapping an arm around her friend to support her as they joined Ryan and Graham on the other side of the room.

Yaz stood next to the Doctor and watched her pace about, she could practically see the ideas flying through her head as she brainstormed what to do and where to go from here. She couldn't just fly everyone away because the TARDIS controls were wrecked, she could take a look outside but what if something happened whilst she was away. Maybe it was the only way.

"Okay, gang, um Graham, can you stay here and look after Ryan and Yaz, I'll go outside and check our surroundings." She turned to walk out quickly before anyone could protest but Yaz shouted "No!" She refused to let the Doctor go alone, "Whatever happens I'm by your side." She continued.

"But you're hurt, and if you get hurt anymore or worse if you get killed, I would never forgive myself." Said the Doctor sternly.

"Please." Yaz said, close to tears, "I want to help, and Ryan and Graham will be fine without me, there's strength in numbers after all isn't there? Doctor?" The Doctor had turned away, rethinking everything again.

"Doc, I can look after Ryan, we will stay here." Graham said looking at the Doctor's turned back. Ryan whispered a "yeah" In agreement. The Doctor turned back to look at Yaz, her panicked, sad eyes shut and she nodded sadly, "Yeah, okay. I just wanted to keep you safe."

"Don't worry I can keep myself safe." She smiled, Yaz's smile was infectious, it always cheered the Doctor up and today, despite everything unravelling around her, her smile lit up a warmth in her heart and a light in the darkness of dire situations, "Come on, lets go." Yaz said in a smooth, calm voice.

"Will you guys be okay?" The Doctor said looking at Ryan and Graham sitting on the floor, they both nodded and the Doctor turned to face Yaz who was standing underneath the door, she said, "I'm fine, stop stressing Doctor." Yaz laughed as the Doctor replied, "Don't tell me what to do." And giggled as well. 

The Doctor stood underneath the door next to Yaz with her hands on her hips, thinking about what to do. She reached up and jumped, just shy of reaching it, she sighed and scowled at the door, stupid door, stupid short legs.

"Hey Doc." Graham called walking over, "Do you want a leg up?" 

"Um yes please Graham that would be good." She said, shaking her head at the door, she reached into an inside pocket and addressed Graham, "Okay so I never ever do this but." She hesitated then quickly passed the sonic to him said, "In case of an emergency I need you to have this, if you need to use it just point and think."

"Right, thanks doc." He placed it carefully in his pocket and locked his hands together to make a platform, the doctor placed a foot in his hands and he pushed her towards the door. She pushed it open and bright dazzling light filled the room, she pulled herself through the sideways door and landed onto a rocky, sandy ground.

Yaz was up and out a few seconds later. The two suns in the sky cast a burning light throughout the red scorched sky, the floor was made of a sandstone like substance, in most directions absolute nothingness carried for miles, bar a few baron stone plinths or sand dunes, however in one direction was a huge grey cuboid building. It casted a huge shadow over the sand.

"Woah what is that." Yaz asked.

"I'm not sure." The Doctor said for the second time that day, "Wanna find out?" She grinned at Yaz, shielding her eyes from the light and set off in the direction of the building. A surprisingly cold breeze blew into their faces making the Doctors coat flap behind her and Yaz's hair fly in all directions, she rolled her eyes and pulled it up into a tight pony tail.

Hey, thanks for reading this, make sure to let me know what you think :)

-Sophie <3