5~ When Checking up on you... (pt.1)

Please read
*There is going to be 2 parts to this chapter because it's going to be long and I think I've writing enough for now. So look forward to part 2! Thanks guys!!🙏🏼*

~Lara Jean's POV~

'What am I doing' I think to myself as I watched Josh's car disappear from my sight. "Well there's no going back now" I say anxiously as I march up to the front door. "Okay" I say as I take a deep breath and knock on the door, it takes about a minute until the door opens and I see Peter. I'm stunned, his face is bruised, he's got a black one eye and his lip is cut. I can tell he didn't expect to answer the door and see me either "Lara Je-" he starts to say but I punch him in his chest before he can finish. He grabs his chest "Ow!! What was that for?" "What's the matter with you!" I yell at him while poking him in the chest. "What do you-" just before he finishes Mrs. Kavinsky walks around the corner "Peter whose at the door?" I go wide eyed when I hear her voice, I didn't think she would be here! But she looks happy to see me, I guess that means Peter never told her we 'broke up'. "Lara Jean! Sweetie how are you, it's been forever since you've been over." She say as she walks over and comes outside to hug me. While she's hugging me I say "Hi Mrs. Kavinsky!" In a cheery voice then look up at Peter and give him a glare and he makes an awkward face that says 'Yeah she doesn't know..." then looks away. I smile at her when she lets go so she doesn't know anything is up "I've been okay and I'm sorry I haven't been over in a while but I have a lot going on right now and..." I say sadly, Peter just looks down and rubs the back of his neck while his mom gives my shoulder a tight squeeze "I'm sorry to hear that but I hope things get better soon." I nod and give her a small smile.

She invites me inside and I'm a little hesitant but then I look at Peter and he gives me a pleading face so I accept. We all go into the kitchen "Well then I suppose you're here to deal with this one?" She says while watching Peter roll his eyes. I nod my head "Good maybe you can talk some sense into him." She says while looking at him again. "Okay I'm gonna go grab my things and head off to work so you two can talk, I'll see you later okay honey?" She says to Peter and he nods his head gives her a kiss on the cheek then she walks out of the room while yelling "Please fix him Lara Jean!"

Peter and I sit in and uncomfortable silence in the kitchen until we hear the front door close, indicating that Mrs. Kavinsky has left. I walk up to Peter hit him on his back and yell "So are you gonna tell me why you got in a fight yesterday!?" He turns and looks down at me "Ow!! Lara Jean you've gotta stop hitting me, don't you see I'm already beat up." "Peter I'm being serious! You got into a fight and now can't go to school for two days because you're suspended!" He turns around like he's gonna walk away then I yell "What even was the reason for it Peter! I hope whatever it was, it was worth the black eye and busted lip!" He stops but doesn't turn around and stays quiet for a few seconds before saying "You're the reason" in a low voice.

He walks to his room so I follow him and shout things until he interrupts me "How Peter!? I am definitely not the reason you got into a fight! I barely talked to you yesterday and I for sure didn't ask you to fight-" "DON'T YOU GET IT COVEY!" He looks me straight in the eyes "I LIKE YOU, HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT!?" I'm standing in the doorway of his room looking down while he's by his bed staring at me "That has nothing to do with this Peter so why are you trying to bring it up!" I lift my head and look at him almost on the verge of tears. 'Why am I bringing it up?' He mocks me and continues "I'm bringing it up because it has everything to do with me getting in that fight yesterday!" Tears starts rolling down my face "Peter I don't wan-" he interrupts me again and shouts while looking me in the eyes "I LIKE YOU SO MUCH THAT I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU, YOU KNOW THAT! I STOOD UP FOR YOU IN THE HALL YESTERDAY, AND I MEANT THAT, OKAY!?" He watches me nod then continues, his voice softer and by now I can tell he's about to break too "It was the end of the day and this dude that I don't even know congratulated me on taking your Virginity, I was gonna ignore him but then he said a nasty comment about not thinking anyone would ever want to sleep with you or something but I couldn't take i- it." He say starting to break down so I leave the doorway, walk up to him and put my arms around his waist "Peter" he instantly hugs me back resting his chin on the top of my head and putting his arms around my waist too while finishing "I couldn't take it anymore and I guess my anger got the best of me."