A Note From The Writer

While this story and world are heavily influenced by Victorian England, it is not historical fiction. I basically picked bits and pieces of the 19th century that I liked (and even the 18th century with regard to asylums) and smooshed them together into my own made-up setting. So quite a bit of the information in this series is not historically accurate. Mind you, if you want to share a little tidbit of what is historically accurate, you're more than welcome. I love to learn and may even decide to tweak what I've written if the facts you share with me strike a chord. But I did take quite a few creative liberties here with medicine, science, and history. This is, after all, more of a fantasy/science fiction tale than anything. With a little steam and a few gears thrown in there.

In addition, there are scenes involving things that could be triggering to some people. Mental health is a big subject (panic attacks, hallucinations, depression, and a disorder loosely based on schizoaffective disorder). Dead bodies, surgeries, some violence. Just figured I'd give you a heads up. Things can get kind of gross as the series goes along, so I highly discourage eating while reading...

Also, this particular book is the second in the series. The story will probably make more sense if you start with The Wolf with the Iron Jaw, as it's  the first. A list of the books in order is at the beginning of this book.

With that said, I thank you greatly for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this cast of dark and twisted characters. Grab some tea and crumpets (actually, nix the crumpets until after the autopsies) and enjoy!