Chapter 3

It wasn't like Luke doesn't try in school. He loves to try and work for what he gets. But, sometimes it stresses him out and he tried telling his mum this. She understood and let him take breaks with studying. However, she's a teacher and doesn't like seeing her son failing some classes.

Luke wasn't all punk. He has the tattoos and the black hair, but he also isn't depressing like the stereotypical ones. He liked to be happy and to try. He liked it and he wanted to be proud of himself. He knew his dad wouldn't want a failure of a son and usually his dad was the one who would help him study.

However, he's gone and Luke was lost on how to bring back the motivation when his motivation is buried six feet under ground. He tried not to think about it too much, but it was hard. All his friends are so smart, even Michael. They just get through life a lot easier than he ever does.

The black-haired boy was a disappointment and it was like everyone else was going to pass school except him. He had a plan for life and maybe he doesn't need to pass school to do it. However, he felt like without school, he would be known as a drop out or failure for the rest of his life.

Nothing is more embarrassing than failing school. Luke is a top-notch kid and always has been. He use to get at least a C or above in all his classes. But, now he found himself having F's and he felt so pathetic. Is it just him? Does everyone else pass History with a breeze? Because, he wants to know how the hell people pass it.

Maybe he's just stupid or maybe he's not trying hard enough. But, he is. He's digging in the books and writing shit down, but nothing is working into his brain. He was nearly in tears one night and drowned himself to the Pierce the Veil, then ended up having Shawn Mendes playing as well, his mind always drifting to Ashton.

Sometimes he wondered if Ashton was also bad at school, however found a way to make it seem okay. He looks like the kind of guy who could do that. As if he always makes a positive comment about anything, no matter how dumb. Then again, Ashton didn't get mad at Luke for taking his journal, so Luke wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

The black-haired boy hasn't spoken to Ashton much lately. It's been a couple days since he talked to him. Ashton sits alone and Luke hasn't made a move to get up and talk to him again. They were the type to wave to each other in the hall, but not make an attempt to actually speak to one another.

Luke huffed as he sketched out a design for a new tattoo. It was an armband and he knew Michael would want one like this. Him and Michael wanted to get matching tattoos to connect them as friends. Most people find matching tattoos dumb. But, their friendship was strong and they wanted a way to show it.

Calum was also going to get one. Or he wanted to. However, he didn't like the idea of the armbands. He wanted something less werewolf and more small. Luke got annoyed with him saying it was a werewolf thing. Because for one, werewolves aren't real. And two, lots of people have them.

As he continued drawing some out, he knew that the meaning behind the tattoo for some people were in mourning. He sighed deeply, looking at the clock and was hoping class would end soon. It's his last class of the day and he wanted to just get up and leave, but he wasn't eighteen and couldn't do that quite yet.

Luckily, the bell rang and Luke grinned as he grabbed his binder and tossed it in his bag. He went out of class and glared when some people stumbled into him. Luke rolled his eyes as he heard some people complaining about school and he went to his locker, wishing the year would just end already when he saw how many books he had.

Luke grabbed his phone and saw his mum texted, asking if he was going to be straight home or not. He replied 'no' and tucked his phone in his pocket. He was planning on staying after to play some of the guitar in the music room. Michael wasn't working that day, so he just thought he could sneak the music room guitar like usual.