Chapter 4

Sometimes Michael and Calum can be rude. Not purposely, they just don't think before they speak. Luke loves them, nonetheless, but it gets themselves into predicaments where they have to try to dig themselves out of their own grave and well, it just sucks, honestly.

Luke isn't that rude, he hasn't had moments like that. If he's ever a jerk, it's to his friends and he doesn't think that counts. His decisions are never too bad and the boy thinks before he acts. Well, he does ninety percent of the time. He's a teenager, okay? He has his moments.

However, there was one time where he didn't think before he spoke. It happened to be when he was growing a crush on a guy at a tattoo parlor. He was older and super sweet, but he didn't speak English. So, Luke tried learning Italian and Calum takes Italian and he didn't think twice and just trusted his friend.

Let's just say, he should never trust Calum again. It didn't end well, but then again, nothing of Calum's plans ever do. He should have expected this, but of course he didn't. He just went with it and now he's single forever. Maybe he shouldn't complain considering he has friends and good looks, he doesn't need a boyfriend.

It still felt like he should have one, though. You know when it gets to that time of the school year where everyone seems to be dating? He felt like that was that time. It was mid-school year and everyone seems to be taken. He hated seeing couples holding hands and being all close while he's drinking water and glaring at the people flirting in the halls.

Of course, if he asked Michael out the guy wouldn't say no. But, he couldn't date his friend. He needed someone he's more comfortable with romantically. However, he doesn't want to date just to date. He wants to love the person and actually be attracted to them.

Sometimes teenagers think 'oh, we're both single -- let's get together!' but that's not Luke. Luke doesn't date just to date. It's not how life works. You need to actually love and be attracted to someone you're dating. To have a connection and feel something for them, or else it's all a bunch of bullshit.

There aren't many people Luke is attracted to. He never had much of a type. The people he last had sexual relations with were all punk and they never ended well, so he figured to try for something new. He never was into feminine guys, however it's not bad to go in a different directions.

Luke gazed around the cafeteria as he waited in line and pursed his lips thoughtfully. He needed to do something, to find a guy and see where it goes. He stuffed his hands in his black skinnies, seeing a girl looking at him. He raised an eyebrow and she squeaked, quickly averting her eyes away.

Seems like he's intimidating despite having cried when seeing the last episode of Boy Meets World. In his defense, it was depressing as fuck and he will never get over it. He hates watching shows, cause they end and he gets attached and why the fuck does life have to be so difficult? He had no idea.

Luke ran his hands through his black hair and he narrowed his eyes as he went through the line and glared when a bitch cut in front of him. He huffed, but didn't say anything. Luke looked over to where Ashton was neatly placing a napkin on the side of his tray and sipping his chocolate milk through a straw.

The boy had been wearing a red sweater and having no flower crown on. That seemed off, but Ashton was still as giggly as before. However, he had on some glasses and Luke doesn't recall him wearing them before. He shrugged and just turned, but kept glancing back to the boy.

After Luke got his food, he halted. He really wanted to sit with Ashton, but he promised to sit with the boys today. He chewed on his bottom lip and then grinned. He went over to where Ashton was taking a bite of his ham sandwich. Luke tapped his shoulder and laughed when Ashton nearly choked on his sandwich.