part one

I basically rewrote the entire book, so give it a read I guess lmao. I also decided to give the reader a pet name so I could avoid using self inserts for names.

-

-

-

"I think it's best if we just go back to being friends again," he mustered out of him hesitantly. "You and I both know that this just isn't going to work out right now."

She stared at him in complete disbelief for a few seconds. "Alex, are you being serious?" He couldn't be serious. They both knew that this was one of the best relationships both of them have had in a very long time. She thought that both of them were happy together. But I guess that wasn't the case for him.

Refusing to meet her eyes, he looked down at his shoes. "Speak to me, please," she grumbled sadly. "You owe me an explanation at the very least."

All he did was ignore her words. His gaze still cast downwards. There she stood, continuing to wait. She refused to cry in front of him, not like this. No matter how much her eyes were glazing over with tears.

"Alex-" she mumbled, "Please just tell me-"

"I lost feelings for you, alright?" he shouted out in annoyance, finally locking eyes with her shaken form.

She felt nothing, absolutely nothing. Tears began to run down her cheeks freely, "I understand." Quickly she began to gather up her belongings to put them in her suitcase. "Alex, I get it."

"You don't have to worry about me getting in your way anymore," she said under her breath.

"Princesa-"

"No!" she shouted in anger, stopping her packing. "You have no right to call me that anymore," "We're done."

Following her around his small apartment, he tried to convince her to still until her flight. "Please at least stay until then," he exasperatedly said.

"I'll find somewhere else to stay, trust me,"

"I don't need your help," she spoke with bitterness as she gritted her teeth.

Finally, she grabbed the last of her belongings, she zipped up the suitcase from the bed and walked to the door. "Alex," she paused to look back at his miserable form. "I wish you the best," she said before leaving. He didn't even try to run after her.

Just fuck feelings.

-

-

-

"I don't know," Alex responded through the discord call.

"Come on, it's been over a year at this point." Aksel pouted from the other side of the screen. "You guys will have to mend your relationship eventually, considering you two practically have the same friend group."

Alex pushed his head into his hands, shaking his head in disagreement, "You don't understand, I didn't exactly leave things on a high note the last time I talked to her."

"She hates me."

Aksel cleared his throat, "I don't think you see where I'm getting at,"

"That's the whole reason I think you should go on this trip."

Alex looked at him, puzzled. Aksel sighed before speaking again, "You don't have to do it for the group, but at least do it for her."

"You owe her."

He hesitated with her choice of words. Would this really be the best idea? "I'll think about it," he answered. Aksel nodded to what he said. "Tell me honestly though," "Does she know that I'll be there?"

"Uh, I'm..pretty sure Ani filled her in on you being there," Aksel said, almost sounding as if he was questioning his own words.

That wasn't very reassuring.

-

-

-

"I'm not going, and that's my final answer," she said, her chin held up high in protest.

"Please?" Ani dragged out her words in a high pitched voice. Still, she refused to answer her. "I promise you," "You don't even have to talk to him when we're there," she added, trying to convince her in the slightest.

She laughed bitterly in remembrance of what happened that night a year ago, "Knowing him he'd make the situation even worse."

"I'd rather not relive one of the worse moments of my love life honestly."

Ani persisted, "Don't you want to see me in person, at least?"

"See the whole group in person?"

"Of course I do but-"

"No but's. I won't let him ruin your trip." Ani interrupted. "You can finally show him that you go over him."

"This will be your time to grow-"

"Okay. I'm in then."

"Wait, really?" "You're not joking, right?"

"No, seriously, you're right." "I'm over him, so it shouldn't hurt me anymore."

Ani smiled happily at her through the FaceTime call.

She lied, she frankly did want to see him again. No matter how much he hurt her.

-

-

-