part two

"I don't think I can do this," Alex complained, doubting the likeliness of the plan working out. "Don't tell me you're pussying out on me now, dude." Aksel let out irritably. He stared at Alex through his monitor, his face emotionless.

"Okay, okay, for one, the situation could end badly in four different ways or even more," Alex explained to Aksel, still hyper on the idea of seeing his ex again. "One, she could slap the hell out of me, two, she could cuss me out, three, she could just ignore me!" pausing for a second to take a breather. "Or she could do all of them in that exact order!" Aksel looked at him un-phased, almost amused by his friend's response.

"I mean, I wouldn't blame her if she did," "You're acting like a complete idiot right now." Aksel lightheartedly joked to him.

"Whatever, maybe you are right," "I messed up real bad this time." He regretted everything he said that night because truthfully, he hadn't meant anything of what he said.

"Hey, hey, listen." "She may be your ex, but she's also my friend,"

"She could never hate you for anything, even after what you said to her." Aksel reassured him.

Could there even be a slight possibility, that an ounce of her didn't hate him completely?

"I hope you're right on this one."

-

-

-

She pulled her cap down ever so slightly to cover her eyes. She closed them in an attempt to lull back into a peaceful sleep, but to no avail, she still sat wide awake in the dark plane. Her thoughts were swarming of what was to come on the trip, and what would happen most importantly.

As much as she hated to admit it, all that clouded her mind was Alex. What would he say to her when he saw her after a whole year? She did make quite the leave the last time he saw her. God, this would be embarrassing to them both.

Internally groaning in frustration, she muttered to no one in particular, "Fine, I guess I won't be getting any sleep." In seconds, she grabbed her phone from her bag, hoping that it would bring some comfort in her finding some sleep. Slowly her thumb scrolled through her phone for nothing in particular, but somehow, she ended up in her photos for no reason.

Time passed by as she scrolled through the images, she silently smiled to herself as she looked at all the saved memes and pictures of her and her friends doing goofy shit together. She liked moments like these, moments that she could look back at all the fun times shared with people or things that made her laugh so hard she just had to save to her camera roll.

But that creeping smile suddenly faded when she scrolled upon an old picture of Alex and her holding hands. They seemed happy, gazing into each other's eyes lovingly. A small smile plastered on both of their faces.

She let out an exhale from her lips as she longed for that moment again. She clicked off her phone, throwing her head back in sadness and closing her eyes.

Where did it go wrong? Was she just not good enough for him? Enough for him to fall out of love with her?

Looking out the window of the plane, she saw nothing but pitch darkness. She knew that nothing good could possibly come out of dwelling in the past, especially over someone who was over her a long time ago. There simply just was no point to it.

On that plane ride, she made an agreement with herself that only she knew.