part three

I felt like this chapter was more filler content until the next chapter, but oh well. I hope you guys enjoy my bad writing, lol.

-

-

-

The flight was terrible. Waking up with a pain in her neck that screamed, "someone didn't get a good rest." and the dried tears that littered her face certainly, made that painfully obvious.

Slowly getting up from her seat, she grabbed her bag and made her trudge out of the seating area, now having to deal with the long line getting out of the plane as kids screamed all around her.

This would be fun.

-

-

-

"Brandon!" Ani shouted as she exited the plane, spotting Brandon immediately from the airport's crowds. "Ani, it's so good to see you again!" he said, pulling her into a giant bear hug when she ran into his arms. "So, where are the others, they get here yet?" Ani questioned, still burying her face into Brandon's hoodie.

"Haven't seen them yet, but they should be here soon," "I told them to drop us a text when they got here or something," he answered, pushing away from the hug to look around the airport.

Weirdly enough, a text rang from Brandon's pocket. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, "Okay, so they're here, they said," "Now we just have to find them."

Both of them began to take glances around the airport when multiple voices shouted their name from behind. Turning to look, they spotted most of their friends gathered with smiles on their faces. "Ani!" Hyojin greeted as they finally found them. There among the group stood Tyler, Hyojin, Diesel, Kappa, Brandon, Henry, and Ani. "I missed you guys!"

They greeted each other, bursting into lively chatter amongst themselves as they waited for the remaining three to arrive. "Hm, no sign of them yet?" Ani asked the group. "Nope, haven't gotten a single text yet," Tyler replied, glancing down at his phone to look through his texts again.

-

-

-

Emerging from the plane, she looked around in search of the luggage claim. She was on autopilot at this point, beginning to walk around aimlessly to search. Eventually, she found what she was focusing on and began to wait for her luggage to come out.

Spotting it, she took it and began to search for her friends. Casually she walked past crowds of people intending to find them by a breezy search around. Then something popped into her head, god, was she an idiot sometimes. "Duh, I have a fricking phone for a reason," she thought, rolling her eyes to her stupidity.

Yanking out her phone from her backpack, she texted the group chat of her friends, quickly texting them that she was here. Multiple texts flooded her phone from the group chat telling her they were at the food court McDonald's.

Making her way towards the food court, she glanced around the airport. It was much more crowded than her home town's airport, but I mean, she was in L.A. She couldn't believe she was here. Countless hours of her working at her retail job paid off. She was going to enjoy this. Optimism filled her whole body. This was her vacation, and that meant no drama. Alex certainly wouldn't ruin it either this time and, she certainly wouldn't be entranced by his warm eyes. Not this time.

She padded closer to the food court, finally spotting her group of friends situated in front of the small McDonald's. A huge grin beginning to form on her face as they spotted her at the entrance. Running towards them, she pulled Ani into a loving hug. "It's actually really nice to see you in person rather than just a monitor all the time," she giggled into her. "Honestly, though, I'm so glad you're here." Ani hugged back even tighter.

The group's phones binged as a new message popped up from the group chat. "Looks like Alex and Aksel are at a different airport. They said they will meet us somewhere for breakfast." Henry read off of his phone to the group.

"Hm? Anyone up for some IHOP then?" Tyler questioned, throwing a questionably look at everyone.

Her stomach grumbled. That airplane food undeniably did not leave her satisfied. "I could definitely go for some fluffy pancakes right now," she grumbled out. "IHOP it is?" Diesel asked. The group nodded before confirming with Alex and Aksel.

Some part of her was glad she didn't have to see Alex until then. She wasn't even sure if she was mentally prepared to see him again. After what happened, nothing could go back to how things were before.

-

-

-

"The airplane food was absolute shit, I'm glad to get some good food in my system after this," I whispered to Ani in the car. "My stomachs practically trying to claw itself out at this point." Ani laughed wholeheartedly, looking down at her stomach.

Arriving in front of the IHOP, the group exited the car and thanked the driver before leaving. "Aksel and Alex should already be in there," Henry said, reading his text. "They got seated already."

If she wasn't nervous as it was, her heart was most likely pounding out of her chest from excitement and fear. She was going to see Alex and talk to him for the first time in over a year.

Talking to the waitress as they entered the restaurant, they escorted them to the table where Alex sat.

There he sat looking down at his menu. He looked the same as the last time she saw him. Sensing their presence, Alex looked up, eyes finally meeting her one pair. Shit.

God, and that stupid face he always made when he was so surprised, it made her want to smash her lips into his. Just like the first time she fell in love with him.

This trip was going to be difficult.

-

-

-

Filler content until next chapter, yay! If I'm going to be honest, I think this plot is way more fitting to the story name than before.