part four

She wasn't thinking straight again, not with him here. It's been over a year since they broke up and yet, she still couldn't get over him.

"Ani, I thought you said Alex wasn't here yet," she let out softly, mumbling into her friend's ear. "I don't think I'm ready to see him again."

"Seriously, I had no idea he was going to be here yet," Ani said dumbfounded. "They weren't supposed to be here until noon," Ani whispered back.

A small sigh escaped from her mouth, "It's fine, I'll get over it."

"Hopefully."

Smiling to Ani, she looked back at the table again, which seemed to be filled except for a seat situated next to Aksel and one next to Alex. Just her luck, maybe she could snatch a seat next to Aksel. Unfortunately, with her shitty luck, Ani grabbed the seat before her.

Well, shit.

Shooting a glare at Ani, she trudged to the seat next to Alex. She sat down without saying a word to him. And here she thought she'd be the responsible one, but all she wanted to do was ignore his entire present. The group fell into a lively chatter, but the silence that was between the two of them was the most deafening sound of all.

"So, how was the flight over?" "I couldn't get much sleep, honestly." Alex mustered out finally, letting a small laugh out.

"It was fine," she said glancing down at her hands.

Alex's face turned into a stone-faced look, unsure of how to reply. "I uh-okay."

"Uh..how's snowball been?" Alex's face lighting up as he asked the question about her cat.

"Good I guess, she's being watched by a friend right now." "She misses you, you know?" she glanced up at him shrugging her shoulders with a slight smile.

"I'd hope so, I raised her with you, didn't I?" they both let out a small laugh at his words.

"Yeah yeah, but I was always the favorite between the two of us." she joked, throwing her head back lightly.

"Whatever, you can think what you want," Alex said smugly. Picking up his straw, he tore open one side of the wrapper, blowing into the straw to launch it. Hitting her straight in the face she pouted. "Hey, don't bully me!"

Picking up her own straw, she launched hers at him. Alex let out a small yelp from the impact, causing her to giggle.

God, she looked beautiful.