FOUR

⬆️Luke ( soo cute. I'm shook)

Ash woke up with a start, sheets pooling around his taunt waist.
He was covered in sweat and the traumatizing images were still engraved in his mind.
Nothing had changed, the voices were still there. Their shouts and laughter pounded in his skull.

Blinded by unknown fury and fear, he grabbed the razor blade hidden under his matress and got up in silence. The voices grew louder and louder as he got closer to the bunk ladder. He grabbed it and it winced under his weight as he climbed.

The voices were driving him insane as he stared at the blade that shone under the moonlight. The memory of Trey's knee brushing his at dinner sent a chill down his spine and he shifted his eyes to the boy's sleeping form.

Ash was going to scare the life out of him. Maybe not harm him like the other ones, fear would be enough to send him away. The voices were begging him to do something. He just wanted to be left alone, he didn't need anybody else. His hands itched to shake up the small boy, drag him down from his bed and make him scream at the top of his lungs in fear.

Ash's mind has been deeply wounded and was now shattered. It was impossible to fix him. Ash's mind was going wild and his dark memories, the ones hidden at the back of his head seemed to have come out at full force. He had tried to ignore them, forget them, but Trey's presence had brought all of his insecurities back out.

Ash felt weak and he hated that. This boy with his ridiculous amount of freckles had stormed in his life without warning and had changed so much in such a short time. Ash wasn't ready to suffer again.

Suddenly, Trey shifted in his sleep and turned his face towards him. Ash's heart stopped for a second and his chest constricted around it. The voices gradually calmed down, the room growing silent as time seemed to stop.
Ash was captivated by Trey's soft breathing.

A tear rolled down his cheek as his mind seemed to clear. He delicately pressed his knee on the mattress and stared intensely at the small boy.
His face was illuminated by the moon and his freckles seemed to glow softly. So unique but so stupid.
Trey's lashes were long, his lips were rosy, delicate and slightly open and his soft brown bangs framed his sleeping face. Ash realised he couldn't tear his eyes off the small boy.

It was if he had been put under a spell.

Trey had put him under a spell.

His wrists looked so delicate and his chocolate hair looked so soft.
Ash looked at his blade again, and felt sick at the simple thought of scaring the smaller boy off.
Trey was probably dreaming because his lids trembled slightly and his brows were pinched. And just when Ash was about to go back to his bed, the small boy spoke.

He spoke so clearly it scared him at first. Was he awake?
The words flowed out of his mouth just like if he was awake but his eyes were closed. "Blood. So much blood. Everywhere."

Trey was growing restless and he started to let out muffled screams. Ash went still like a statue, he had no idea what was happening. He dropped the blade and without second thought, placed his hand on Trey's forehead.
The small boy thrashed a little longer before his cries slowly died down and his breathing gradually steadied.

"Ash?" This time for sure Trey was awake. His clear voice startled Ash. He waited for the small boy to start shouting in fear but Trey only turned his body to face the wall.

The taller boy finally let out a deep breath, the blade long forgotten when he ran his slender fingers through Trey's soft chocolate locks. Ash went to bed with a tortured mind that night. But it seemed like Trey's presence prevented the voices from haunting him and he was secretly grateful.

***

The sound of running water woke Trey up. He sat in a cross-legged position on his bed before rubbing his droopy eyes with the back of his hands.
It seemed like Ash was in the shower again.

He slowly got ready as he waited for the sleep to drift off. Ash seemed to not want to come out of the bathroom and Trey needed to brush his teeth so he decided to head to the shared shower before breakfast ended. There was no way he was knocking on that door.

Ash's back muscles were tense, he couldn't stop thinking about Trey's face and why he couldn't scare him away like he had already done before.

He only relaxed when he heard the small boy shut the door. He probably didn't have the guts to annoy him this early in the morning. Especially after what had happened yesterday.
Thank God.

Ash turned the tap to stop the water from pouring on his shoulders and got out of the shower. He inhaled deeply as he closed his dark eyes.
Today was going to be a long day.
He ran a hand through his damp black locks and dressed up.
                       ***
Trey headed to the showers and was mildly surprised to meet Luke. The other boy was actively brushing his teeth with a murderous expression on his handsome face.
Trey stole a glance at Luke and studied him. He had soft blond curls pilling around his head making him look like an angel but his defined jaw and high cheek bones contrasted with it and made him look older.

Luke caught him looking and a smile crept on his face. He turned around and spoke
"Hey Trey! never thought I'd see you here what's the matter ?"
Trey frowned, slightly scrunching his nose before answering.

"Ashton was using the bathroom"
"Wait." Interrupted Luke looking confused, "He told you his full name ?"
"Yeah why?" Asked Trey as he gulped pushing yesterday's memory at the back of his head.

Luke was a little surprised.
Ashton had never done that here before.
"What about you Luke?" He asked.
Luke sighed as he replied:

"Well my roommate was once again throwing a temper tantrum so I figured it was best for me to leave him destroy the room on his own even if I will kick his ass later. He can be such a hanful sometimes."

Trey smiled lightly.
"Your roommate sounds pretty fun, I bet you never get bored when you're with him."
"Yeah he can get really angry sometimes but I still believe that deep down Aaron is a good guy."

Luke blushed slightly but Trey was too busy noticing Ashton passing by, the hood of his sweater pulled over his black hair to notice it.

He wondered how Luke even knew his full name as the two seemed to deliberately hate each other and only spoke when forced to. And there was the look Ashton had given Luke in the dining hall yesterday. It unsettled Trey and picked his curiosity. What was the deal between those two?

Aaaaand here it is chapter 4 done! This story is moving at a very slow pace but my studies come first! Hope you stick around for chapter 5 !