F*** A Silver Lining

The bird in the song goes tick-tock. Tick-tock, Tick-tick, Tock-tock, Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tick-tick-tick-t-.

...

     I will kill that odious Nightwing if he ruins this plan. That girl's gonna bring me allot of money and I don't care about the unspoken rules anymore, Batman can eat my shorts- ha ha.

...

     He was soooo so incredibly moded, Dick was going to kill him for this.

...

     "So... he he, I have some bad news, Nightwing." I flinch as the slightly intimidating vigilante turns towards me with his brow raised.

     "What is it Impulse?" My chest tightens at the question, what was it, oh nothing much just fear of a horrible death and the consequences of being the cause.

     "Um, there's a..." I stammer and I now have Nightwing's full attention, "there's a... A big problem, and it's sort of my fault." I trail off towards the end and he stands there waiting for the actual problem. Here comes the mode.

     "There's a bomb in the main hall, and no one knows how to disable it." I whisper it so quickly that I don't know if he heard me.

     "Not even Red Robin?" I shake my head no.

     "How long do we have?" As calm as a cucumber. I am the cat.

     "It doesn't have a timer!" I start vibrating and a hand lands on my shoulder.

     "Just calm down, let's go."

...

     A bomb in the Cave? He wouldn't be sure until he saw it with his own eyes.

...

     "What exactly did you mean when you said this was your fault?" I send a glare at the newest speedster who cringes in reply. The "bomb" had been a large, circular, anti-gravity device, that had sealed the cave like a tomb as soon as I walked into the large main wing.

     "I forgot to lock up last night." I take a head count and relief follows, because everyone, including Ash, is here floating around.

     "It's ok, no one's hurt yet, everyone's here and technically safe," I make eye contact with a perplexed Ash, "can you give me a boost in Firefly's direction?" Impulse nods quickly and I'm suddenly flying through the air towards her. A sharp bark of surprise leaves my lips and the world turns into a colorful wheel of lights and sounds until I hit the wall adjacent to her. I groan and bounce off from the momentum, Ash's hand reaches out and we're pulled into each other's embrace and a slow turn while suspended in the air.

     "Hey." Her voice is an anchor as well as a drug that sends a little buzz through my veins.

     "Hey, are you ok?" I'm still so worried about whether or not this is tied to her kidnapping a few weeks ago.

     "Yeah, I'm just glad it wasn't a bomb." Yeah, me too.

     "Who do you think-" the sound of laughter, wild and insane, fills the cave and the split screen in the center blinks on to show Joker's pale, crazed face.

      "Who do you think?!" More laughter, and I look down to find my hand instinctively on an escrima stick. The other laced tightly in Ash's.

     "Should've known." I clench my teeth with the words and reach to click my SOS signal on my belt. The click of the small button reaches my ears and I'm hoping Joker didn't hear it.