Chapter Sixteen: Love Somebody

Beckett P.O.V

Rolling out of bed to get ready for school had been hard for me, but I had made myself. I needed to see Reese. Well, I didn't need to, but I really wanted too. It's been what feels like forever even though it's only been like two days. Still, a lot of things can happen in the span of two days, forty-eight hours. It was crazy how much things can change in the blink of an eye. I wonder if anything interesting has happened to Reese these last two days. The only way I can find out is if I go to school today.

Sure I still wasn't back at one-hundred percent but that hardly mattered. No one would care if I let out an occasional sneeze or a cough. As long as I didn't have a fever or vomiting on the floors I'd be okay. Oh, and passing out, heaven forbid that happen again. It would be so embarrassing.

Before leaving for school dad had stopped me, which was weird because I wasn't used to seeing him before or after school. He looked well rested though but slightly ticked me off when he forced a muffin down my throat, regardless of them tasting amazing. I had forgotten how good my fathers cooking could be since it has been quite a while since I've gotten the pleasure of eating some of it.

"Why aren't you at work though?" I commented when he made to rush to get to work when usually he'd be on shift right at this moment. He sighed before looking at me with a faint smile.

"When I got the call at work yesterday about you passing out at school it made me realize just how little I've actually seen you. I've been a crappy father but I'm going to try to be better, firstly by taking some well deserved time off and I plan on spending some of that time off with you. I'm also cutting my hours. I've been ignoring Amanda's offers and I think it's about time I got off at a reasonable time." Dad said with a slight smile on his face as he sipped some coffee he had made with a coffee maker I had forgotten we ever owned. I can't even remember when we bought it and who bought it for who. There we a lot of object like that sitting around this house. I think mom might have bought some of this junk without any of us knowing. She did spend all of her time in this house so no wonder she made it into a place she would personally enjoy.

Dad dropping me off to school was a nice addition. It had been lightly sprinkling and even though the rain wouldn't have killed me dad refused to let me walk mentioning me getting even sicker than I already am. Sometimes parents are such . . . parents. It actually warmed my heart that he'd be willing to drive me when he himself didn't need to drive anywhere or anything. He was just driving me than driving back.

Walking into the school, I instantly got people's attention but my eyes kept wandering for one person and were saddened when I couldn't find him. I knew I would still see him in Science but I was hoping I'd walk into the school and he'd just be standing there waiting for me. Gosh, such a teenage girl type fantasy. It was a struggle to get rid of the horde of people asking me how I was feeling and if I was feeling better, even if I needed to borrow notes. Seriously, I hope I gave everyone that thought it was okay to surround me the freaking cold because all they did was give me a headache. I seriously had wanted to just rip my ears off of my head and enjoy some silence. That and I probably got sick from school so one of them potentially got me sick anyway, a little payback never hurt anybody.

I was so happy when the time came for Science you couldn't believe the speed I used to get down the hallways just to get to see Reese. Yeah, I think that funny feeling from the Walmart trip had been me developing a crush.

Walking through the classroom doorway, I instantly see him staring at the door waiting for someone to come in. The moment he saw me his entire face lit up with happiness and excitement before be blushed really hard and tried to calm his reaction to me. It seemed to fail him though and it only made me blush at him blushing. I laugh as I walk over to my table, which he has made himself comfortable at.

"Hi," I say looking at him through my eyelashes my cheeks flushed with a pink color. Oh, the things this boy was doing to me.

"Hey." He said back looking me straight in the eyes before moving around in his seat as if his nerves were acting up. He rubbed the back of his head before I giggle at him, making his head snap in my direction creating a loud popping noise. His neck popped when he turned suddenly. It was silent for a moment before I burst into unnecessary laughter due to his neck. He joined me in laughing and when we finally stopped there were tears in my eyes. For those moments, I had forgotten completely about anything else. My attention was directed at him.

The entire class period seemed to fly by as we told stories and made jokes. We had fun. Towards the end of class, we had found ourselves just staring into each other's eyes, and I don't know about him but I had found myself unable to look away. He looked nervous before he finally opened his mouth.

"Hey you want to hang out this weekend?" He asked blushing but looking rather confident in being able to ask.

"Hang out, like just hang out?" I asked, my heart dropping, maybe he didn't like me the way I liked him . . . or I thought that until the next few words came out of his mouth.

"No, I meant more like a date."