Our Connections To God

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long. I'm gonna try to pick back up with these every Sunday. Enjoy :)

One thing that I had never really thought much about before was that God has an infinite personality. Just take a second to let that sink in: an infinite personality. That means there is no end to all of who God is. In simplest terms, everything on earth - both people and animals - are who they are because of God.

Puppies are playful because God is playful. Birds sing because God sings. Deers are graceful because God is full of grace. Bears are strong because God is strong. I'm sure you get my point. Isn't that neat?

Now let's look at this a step deeper. God made us after His own image. Yes, that could mean physically we look like humans and not monkeys, for example, but I believe that has another meaning. All of our good traits come from God. Read this carefully:

Everyone has a trait, a thing they do that is unique and special between them and God. Whatever this is, it connects that person to God in a way that no one and nothing else can. Think about some of your best traits, the things that you're good at. Now, think about how that can connect you to God.

When I first heard this, my initial thought was: okay, how does being a writer connect me to God? Really? But then I thought deeper about it and as I sought the answer, God revealed it to me.

Jesus was a storyteller. He went around telling people parables to teach them lessons and he did this so that they could understand what he was teaching them. That's what connects me to God. He and I are both storytellers. I tell stories that include Biblical parallels in ways that people nowdays can read, enjoy, and understand them in a similar fashion to how Jesus did.

Do you draw? God is an artist; he paints the sunrise and the sunset and he paints the stars at night. Just look at His Creation and you'll see how Creative He is! Do you build or work with your hands? Jesus was a carpenter!

I can sing, play guitar, and the clarinet. Music is worship, so when I'm playing or singing, I'm worshipping God and that connects me to Him. This revelation changed my life so I hope it can change yours too! Embrace who you are, the talents God has given you. Use them! Feel that connection with Him that's unique, that only you have. Use it to spend some one-on-one time with Him and build your relationship with Him.

What are some of the things that you do? How does this connect you with God?