Blue boy confessions

Travis
My days have been a little better since Sal and I had that talk.

I've began noticing little quirks about him, like how he snorts when he laughs. Sometimes when he's nervous he taps his feet.

He's gotten comfortable around me and I've seen his face a good amount of times, usually when it's just me and him he'll take it out.

So I notice how when he smiles, his eyes crinkle. And the way he smells. There's no way I can describe it other than just...

boy.

I love it.

Sal
When Travis gets mad his nostrils flare and his nose gets red, it's a cute trait of him. He also has these dimples- which makes his smile amazing.

He picks at the skin around his fingers whenever he's anxious.

I've also grown to be able to tell if he's sad.

He won't talk much, and he cracks his knuckles. Even after he's already popped them all, he continues to push on them. As if they'll magically crack again.

Travis
Sal likes heavy metal.

Sal
Travis listens to indie music and gospel.

Travis
I know I've had some sort of feelings for Sal since freshman year, but I didn't think it would get like this.

Everytime I see something interesting, the first thing I think is 'wait until Sal hears this'.

Father has even seemed to chill out, lately. Granted, he's been busy with the communion.. but that's besides the point.

A day with the house to myself, for me, means cleaning.

Before my mother left out she gave me a list of chores, I scanned it over, reading it silently to myself.

I told Sal they wouldn't be around today.

Im supposed to meet him at the park at 4.

Sal
Travis told me his parents would be out for the day, and to meet him at the park at 4.

He thought it would be a nice change to hang out in some sunlight instead of a mossy log in the woods. I agreed, however we did love our log.

I was a bit early, swinging on the swings alone at 3:40.

It was such a nice day out, I wore a thin long sleeve white shirt and my favorite red jeans. The sky was a pale blue and the few clouds out were wispy and angel white, they moved slowly across the sky.

The park was pretty quiet since I was alone, and it wasn't a big park, really. The only sounds coming from the creaking metal swings and the breeze in the nearby trees. An occasional bird, too.

5 minutes until 4 I saw the front door of Travis' house open and he stepped out into the sunlight.

Travis
"Oh, you're already here." I said to Sal, smiling, "You weren't waiting long, were you?"

He kicked back on the swing, his pigtails swaying back and forth, "No," he said, "like, 15 minutes, maybe."

I sat on the swing beside of him. He wasn't dressed so dark today, he had a white shirt on.

"You look nice."

He looked at me after I said it, and I looked down at my feet.

His shoes kicked mulch as he stopped the swing, "You look nicer." He jabbed his finger into my shoulder.

"Hey-" I said, laughing a little and smacking at his hand, "not even... I've been cleaning all day. I probably look sweaty."

That, and the bruise on my face had faded from the harsh purple to a nasty yellow and green. I didnt look nice, but he really did.

"So.." he said, drawing circles in the mulch with the tip of his foot, "how has your day been?"

"Well, like I said.. cleaning. Mother always leaves me a chore list while they go out to the communion."

He tilts his head, "Communion?"

I nod, "It's what they call their little group they run the church with. Communion. That's not the technical name, but y'know." My lips turn at the corners to a small smile.

"Why don't you go with?" Sal asks, pushing the swing back and holding it there.

"Father insisted I stop coming a while ago, I still go to service and dinners and the prayer circles, but he thinks I'm kind of useless."

"Oh."

"Yeah.."

Sal doesn't say anything for a moment, "I'm sorry."

I shake my head, "Don't be, they're weird. Everyone calls my father, well, 'Father', and they refer to everyone as 'brother' or 'sister'"

He giggles a little, finally letting himself swing forward, "Sounds like a freak show."

"You have no idea."

Sal
"So what about you?" Travis asked.

"What about me?"

"Your day," he says, "how was it?"

"Oh," I laugh a little, "boring, but good. I've looked forward to coming to see you."

Travis' cheeks burned rosy and he looked down at the ground.

"I've been looking forward to it everyday now." He said.

My face feels warm as he turns back to look at me. His smile is wide and his dimples stare right at me, he's cute.

That, though, is when I realized something..

I was crushing on Travis Phelps.