Prologue: Blindfolded

Dark voice: "You made a promise, a promise you must keep, not for them but for us. The thoughts that haunt you at night will harm you. Learn to control them and your words shall be strong if your actions give them light."

Weak voice: "I know. But we've had problems and life has been unfair."

Dark voice: "You need to be your savior. Don't wait for someone else. Don't you see? You only have one life."

Weak voice: "What's the point of trying if nothing goes right?"

Dark voice: "That's alright. Sit down. We can talk through the night. Little conversation between you and your mind. And maybe, just maybe, this time we'll get it right."

Weak voice: "And if I feel I'm failing?"

Dark voice: "Then I'll help you find the light."

--------------------------------------------------

Many millennia ago the Palace of Light sought power over all kingdoms. It was ruled by the King and Queen of the Alba lineage, the Great White Leaders of Górthlórk, our land, spread with humans, further evolved creatures and elemental users. Young sorcerers who begin to engulf their element must be extremely cautious, for every wrong move in training can lead to fatal consequences, even death.

The legend of the Alba lineage began with the white pair and once they were crowned no one dared to stand against them. They were overjoyed observing how their children grew to become like them, all except one. Mucro was the youngest, a thin little boy with curly, copper hair, and eyes near to golden filled with the wildest dreams. The oldest was the main spotlight, always mastering studies and conquering battles. On the other hand, Mucro was the opposite, cold, and distant, always treated miscellaneously, partly by his powers and individual personality.

All siblings contained light abilities while Mucro was gifted with only dark powers which at first drew suspicion, but after pondering about it, this occurred from his ancestors possessing other types of magic. Something this bizarre happens once in a lifetime. Both rulers agreed that Mucro obtained the dark arts from his great, great grandfather from the west clans, a half-blood who ruled the White Lands as a dark user. Light and Darkness are connected just as the sun with the moon, they shine when it's their time. This gave the right for the dark users to rule the Kingdom of Light equally as pureblooded light users.

The story of the dark-gifted child has only begun. His difference drew him further away from his siblings. Mucro was fascinated by unusual themes, observed everything with a fascinating perspective, had the most compassionate love for animals, and spent hours of his free time with his thoughts in the wild. He was a silent child who did not let anyone enter his world except for his mother and mentor, the only ones who tried to understand him and cared deeply. They spent their time training, educating, and connecting with the young prince. They noticed not only great potential but an incomparable, intelligent, and very sensitive child who could accomplish many wonders. Just watching him grow, always believing in the dark prince brought them heartwarming joy, unlike his father.

At first, Mucro was treated with love and care and was the spark of joy in his parent's eyes, but things changed with a roll of the dice.

Once Mucro turned into a teenager the passing of time showed colder relations from his father's side, no one was confused about it either. None questioned this form of severe treatment, unlike other element wielders dark sorcerers were brutally disciplined after entering the first stages of maturity, it was the only way to train a Dark One perfectly. The Dark Ones have practiced very astringently for centuries to become fierce warriors both physically and mentally. However, it was unbearable for men and even other sorcerers to compete in such drudgery. So cold yet extremely boiling, cutting off from so-called "weak emotions". The king's methods were to hurt the mindset to actualize all control. Neither the Lady Mother nor Mucro's mentor understood the need to rapidly quicken the young one's training results, they warned it only disturbed him, deeply hurting and confusing the child, but the king never listened to another soul.