Chapter 1 ~ Notes

It wasn't every day you get a letter from an anonymous lover telling you to meet them just at the local park. America looked at the note in his hand with a distasteful frown. He could probably guess it being Japan from the fact that it said "America~Senpai <3" on the front.  He slowly slid it into his pocket, grabbed his things, closed the locker door, then made his way to the park. He wasn't really interested in any "love" confessions, more that he was curious as to who had slid it into his locker. Just in case it wasn't Japan as he suspected.

          While walking down the sidewalk, he noticed footsteps coming from behind him. He turned his head to see Canada rushing to catch up. America then waited for his brother, glancing ahead of him. "Hey America! Where are you going? Dad said he'd pick us up at the McDonald's down the road." He panted when he finally caught up to him. "Yeah, I know, but check this out. I found this in my locker." He pulled out the note and handed it to Canada. His brother took it and opened it, a grin forming on his face. "What?" America asked, tilting his head at the grin.

          "It looks like Japan wrote it." Canada chuckled, handing the note back. "Yeah but I'm gonna go check it out anyways. Tell dad that I got detention or something, k?" America huffed. "You know, you're going to get caught one of these days." Canada warned as he turned to leave. "Sure, but not anytime soon."  America thought as he continued on his way to the meeting spot. 

          As Russia waited in the park, he couldn't help but wonder who'd ever want to meet him there. Let alone to confess. He looked at the note he had found in his locker not too long ago and sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't pay attention to these sorts of things. Maybe it's a prank?" he thought. But before Russia could get up off the bench to leave he heard footsteps up ahead on the trail. He looked up to see America walking towards his direction. "America? He wrote the note? Out of all the people in school, he was the last person I expected."  

          "Russia? What're you doing here?" America asked when he reached the bench. Guessing that he was just passing thru, Russia showed him the note. "I found it in my locker at lunch." America looked at it then looked back up at him with a disappointed frown. "We've been set up." He groaned, showing him a letter of his own. Russia stare at it for a second before laughing. "Oh wow. I bet it was Belarus or Ukraine." He said, comparing the notes to each other. "I bet it was Canada. Or, hell, maybe all three of them teaming up on us." America started to laugh as well. 

          Russia and America laughed at the notes for a second before he sat down next to Russia. "I told Canada to tell my dad that I wouldn't make it to be picked up, so I guess I'm stuck here until I can text him without it being suspicious." He sighed, getting relaxed on the bench. "I thought your dad let you do whatever?" Russia looked at him in confusion. "Usually he does but i'm supposed to be 'grounded' for skipping class the other day to hang out with South Korea." He huffed, propping his sunglasses on his head. 

          "Hmm." Is all he could reply with as he too got comfortable. "What about you?" America asked, looking at him curiously. "I thought your father was really strict." Russia sat up to explain but before he could get a word out, someone started yelling in the distance. America sat up and looked in the direction of the noise, glancing at him. They both listened for a second before America stood up. "Come on, it sounds like Japan." After Russia got up, they both rush towards the yelling, leaving the notes on the bench behind us.