1 | 5 ~ Oh my dots and spots!

"Enough!" William screamed, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes. "Please, just stop hurting her. I'll do anything... just, please."

William, you idiot.

Scarlett lowered her head for a moment to take a much needed breath of dust-filled-air before turning to stare at him. He was still tied to a chair, untouched and healthy- exactly what she was trying to keep that way, but he was making it harder for her by screaming out something stupid every time Dominique plunged a new torture device in her leg. By now, she was pretty sure that she had lost all feeling there, but she was prepared to launch another insult at Dominique- the only thing that was keeping William alive at the moment.

Dominique ripped the needle from Scarlett's leg for the fifth time that night and smiled.

"You know, this never would have happened to you if Scarlett left poor Chad alone." Dominique told William in an innocent tone as she made her way back to the table. "He was a really nice guy, always doing what was asked of him, never stepping out of place. In my opinion, he didn't even deserve the brutal death she gave him. What makes matters worse is the fact that she disrespected him by leaving his dead body in an alleyway, not even caring about disposing of it the right way; a way we were taught many years ago."

"He was very rude," Scarlett replied dully. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent woman like myself who just wanted to find her way home. You know what they say... kill a demon today, deal with the devil tomorrow. I am so sorry for your loss, though. Was he a close friend of yours? I know you always liked to develop a personal relationship with strangers, something they could never get out of your system."

"Are you incapable of remorse? Just apologize for killing the brute!" William yelled at Scarlett.

Dominique let loose a strangled laugh and slammed both her hands down on the surface of the table, warping the metal fibers.

"That is so like you, Scarlett! Always asking questions and never begging for your life. It seems like you didn't get the memo, but you're going to die tonight. Whether it be by my hands or one of my members'."

"So I take it then that this is the part where I cry and beg for mercy? To be honest I can not help but want to laugh with you."

Their conversations always went like this. It involved more questions than answers and Scarlett knew it was working on Dominique's nerves, even when they were teenagers years ago.

"That's very immature, even for you. What the hell are you doing here, Scarlett?"

"Well I woke up and found myself tied to this chair with no knowledge-"

"Cut the bullshit! You know what I mean. What are you doing here, in America, with one of Cayden's gang members? I thought you left years ago?"

"What, and miss out a chance to see my bestie again? I would never! All jokes aside though, it is really good to see you, Dominique. Even if it is under these unpleasant circumstances."

"I can't say the feelings are mutual, but on the one hand..." She made her way over to Scarlett once again, empty handed this time. "It really feels good to take out all that pent-up anger and hatred I have for you... on you."

Scarlett saw the punch coming before Dominique initiated it. She hardened her stomach muscles just in time for Dominique's fist to make contact with the fabric covered surface.

"Let's try again. You may have every one of them fooled about who you really are, but you and I both know that you're only acting like this because you're scared."

"Sure. Terrified."

Do not let your enemies know they affect you. Her heart pounded fiercely, but she willed her bones not to tremble. The slightest quiver in her gaze could prove deadly. Knowing who she faced, she dared not back down or show vulnerability. So instead she answered, "Sometimes Silence can be a bliss if in the right context. You know as well as I do that knowledge is the most precious thing of all and thus the information you want will cost you." She scoffed. "Honestly, Dominique... you call that a first hand assassin punch?"