δέκα

"Yo Bren can I talk to you for a sec?"
Brenda looked up from her post along the road to turn to Thomas who had concern evident in his eyes. Newt's head was leaning against his shoulder and his arms grasped onto the brunette's left arm like a koala. Thomas would do anything to not have to move ever again if it meant the blonde's breath hit his shoulder and neck like that every night.
Brenda nodded slightly.
"You remember earlier when he got like that? And it was almost scary?"
She nodded again, wondering where in the world this was going.
"Of course, it was a monster, it wasn't an innocent life, but I'm concerned about that look, you know?"
Thomas' voice was hushed so he wouldn't make the blonde, who slightly shifted every few minutes, making him stiffen every time. Brenda looked away from the two, lost in thought. Of course Thomas was right, there have been demigods before that turned against those trying to help. Luke, her ex-best friend, was one of them. But when she turned back to look at them, Newt's brows furrowed slightly as if he was having a bad dream, and Thomas with concern written on his face, she knew that they would be okay. Newt was just new and anxious, and most likely protective over Thomas. Brenda was no daughter of Aphrodite, but she could tell that the blonde was in love with him and Thomas simply acted oblivious, convinced no one would see him in that way, not after what happened with Teresa, although he was head over heels as well. Brenda hoped they'd pull their heads out of their asses at some point on this quest. After everything he'd been through and no love from his mortal side of the family, Thomas deserved someone that loved him.
"I guess since I'm awake I better take watch. Get some rest, B."
Brenda just nodded, helping him gently lift Newt's head so he could lay on the ground in a small heap. After settling down next to the blonde, she fell asleep pretty soon, especially because the other's snores were surprisingly soothing.

Thomas found himself dazing off, and not because of lack of sleep. His thoughts were invaded by a certain blonde every so often, and whenever he caught himself, he had to jolt himself back to reality. Annoying, really.
Why couldn't he stop? What was so special about him?
If Thomas could punch himself in the face, he would've right then and there for that thought. What was special about Newt? Funny, as if the mass of pure perfection disappeared before him. Even the battle scars that only were evident behind the gleam in his eyes that every demigod shared were enticing.
Every single thing about Newt drew Thomas in.
Brenda liked to call him whipped.

It took a little too long for him to fall asleep when it was his turn. Newt was next watch, which of course meant Thomas had to shake him awake. The blonde was a surprisingly deep sleeper despite the amount of stress there was in the situation, which resulted in Newt
semi-tackling him in surprise. Thomas held his hands up to avoid further injury as the other regained consciousness.

"Sorry, Tommy. You know how it is," Thomas nodded, signaling that of course he did. "Get some sleep now. We have a long day ahead of us."

Nodding, the brunette laid his head on his arms like a pillow as he sat on his side, trying to get comfortable. Newt smiled softly at the expression of contentment when the other was able to finally close his eyes.

...

It had been about 40 minutes of Thomas sitting silently, pretending to be asleep. He didn't want to disturb Newt, who was singing to himself to distract from the painful journey they still had to endure. For a son of Demeter, he sure was a good singer, so good that Apollo would be proud.
It was a song of love, something he must have come up with himself considering Thomas had never actually heard it before. He could only hope it was about him. Just as he was finally drifted off, Newt began to stroke his hair so softly as if he was porcelain.

flaunt your growth | newtmas au On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara