A witch in White

Hey guys, before I begin I want to apologise for the long wait!! I've been moving around a lot and am finally settled! soo I'ma be more responsive in the future!! Thank you so much for your patience guys!! I appreciate the comments and the love!! Can't wait to hear more of your feedback!\\

It's been a week since my grandmother passed away. My mother isn't handling it well-she says she's fine but she can't even look at me in the eyes anymore. Following suit, I'm trying to be the daughter she wants me to be. Tough, responsible,and aware. As I speak, I'm getting ready to attend a Halloween dance at the town center. My mother is a dark witch, and I guess I'm a light witch? A witch in white pretty much.

The linen is soft and thin, my mother braided feathers in my hair and the dress flows around my ankles. There is thick black eyeliner curves around my eyes and sparkles painted across my cheeks, nose, and chest. I'm trying to concentrate on perfecting my appearance and getting in the festive mood for the dance but my mind keeps drifting. who is that man?  My thoughts are consistent to those burning eyes. His dark aura and firm frame. Like he spent years imprisoned in a box...

"Libra! You ready yet up there?!"

Shit! "Coming mom!" I run back down to her, grabbing a little black purse and making my way as hastily as possible down these stairs in my high heeled boots.  Once I have reached the bottom floor without tripping down the stairs I approach my mother who is at the door tapping her foot rather impatient. "Sorry-eyeliner was rebelling against me. Couldn't get them even to save my life." I say with a half grin, trying to look convincing. She looks like she could hardly care.

"You know, at some point your not fashionably late, your just late." She says and I honestly don't know how to respond to that so I just nod my head. " let's go- Maria and Devon are gonna be there. " She says, referring to my two best, and my only friends from high school. Since its senior year they sure didn't want to miss a single event in this town. Then again, they both plan on moving out of the county for college. I envy them. But if I left, then my mom would really have no one.

"Right. I guess we better get moving." I say, it feels so awkward to talk to my mom anymore because I feel like she isn't really listening to me. Her head is so distant from what going on right in front of her. Then again, she probably blames me for grandmother Mary's death. Note to self: If an old woman has a hidden locked up basement with creepy decor on the door-dont go down there. 

( One 15 minute drive later...

The town square is pretty much a large park, and for the occasion they set up a large white tent and a DJ who was playing whatever spooky remix that was considered in. Everyone in this country has to be here, minus the ones who physically could not get up to go. I spot Maria and Devon getting drinks at the recession, I turn to let my mother know I was going to them but she was already mingling with Maria's father, Gabriel Sanchez, chairman in the town council.

Turning away, I make my way to my friends. Devon spots me first and a grin lights up his face. Hes a friendly, but kind of timid guy. He's on the dorky side too. He plays way to much Final Fantasy and is super into Korean shows I couldn't begin to decipher. He has dusty orange-blonde hair and always wears something star wars themed. Even now, he's dressed as Anakin Skywalker from the movies. "Libra! Hey!" Her waves to me and I have back, jogging over to him and giving him a hug. This kid is practically my brother, friends since I stole his light sabor in DayCare.

" Libra! You look great! " I turn to greet my other friend, Maria. She has a lot of money, since her daddy's a Chairman. And also they mayor I probably should have added. Shes super fiery, athletic, fashion sense I could never obtain in a million years. Her hair is silky and black and falls down to her butt and I would kill for her perfect hourglass figure.