That Quick, Huh? (FINAL!)

Y/N woke to a cold breeze on her back sending chills up her spine. Her entire body ached and the soiled look coating her hands told her she'd been through more than she remembered in the past twenty-four hours. Her last clear memory was of Minho shooting a flare out of a window, then the two of them hauling Alby downstairs out into the street. Then, Thomas and Newt came sprinting through an alleyway just ahead, their eyes wide and frantic. Thomas already had tears streaming down his face just from the thought of Alby possibly being alive.

Together, the four of the kids dragged Alby through the streets until they reached the rover parked on the edge of the city. Once inside, Thomas turned the vehicle back towards the city so quickly he nearly threw them out the windows. Minho screamed desperately the entire way for Thomas to go faster while Y/N and Newt tried to focus on keeping Alby alive. They did all they could to keep him calm, which turned out to be the most difficult fight to put up with they'd ever had.

When they got back to camp, the place was just barely illuminated from the dying sun and beyond quiet. Everyone had settled in for the night, but that didn't stop Thomas from screaming at the top of his lungs in order to get the help they needed.

Pressing up off of the harsh dirt floor, Y/N scanned around the room. Newt lay a few feet in front of her, completely passed out from what must've been the same exhaustion she felt. Thomas was snoring lightly, sitting up against the edge of the bed. Minho was crumpled up in one of the chairs just behind Y/N, his cheeks still stained from last nights tears.

Y/N nearly jumped out of her skin when a ragged voice cooed her name.

She whipped her head around and looked over Thomas' head to find Alby sitting up, a soft and content smile gently crossing his features. In the moment, Y/N almost broke out in tears herself, but was too tired to even let out a sob.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you," Y/N closed her eyes and dropped her head. "I'm so sorry—"

"Don't even start with any kind of apology," Alby stopped her. "There's nothing to be sorry for."

It was hard for the girl to accept, but she nodded. Alby was someone she respected and always took his word as full truth. If he said there was nothing to be sorry for, there wasn't.

Alby's eyes flickered over to Minho and he snickered. "I see you two finally ended up together."

Y/N's face flushed. "Ah, I guess so."

"I knew it'd only be a matter of time," He teased. "Minho was infatuated just seconds after you showed up in that box. I could tell."

"That quick, huh?" Y/N laughed.

"Oh yeah. And it only got worse from there on out. It made me miserable seeing how lovesick he was over you." Alby continued on. "And, I don't care what he says. He was never fine on his own."

Y/N quite literally saw all of the memories come flooding back into her mind of that day which seemed like so long ago. "Yeah, he finally admitted to that a while back."

Alby scoffed. "So he does have some humanity inside of him! What a shocker."

"You guys talking smack about me?" Minho groaned as he attempted to sit up straight in his chair, but failed seeing as his back must've now been glued in the awkward position he'd slept in. He winced sharply and Alby simply laughed at him.

"Glad to have you back, man." Newt was now awake as well, sitting on the bed beside Thomas' head. "It's been one hell of a time without you."

While they talked, Minho helped Y/N up off of the ground and held her as if at any moment she'd tip over. Which, quite possibly could have happened seeing as how atrophied her legs were. When her picked her up, though, she noticed a few sharp pains shooting out from around her body. Looking down to her limbs, she found new bandages placed in various areas.

Minho could tell she'd taken notice. "Like I've always said: best medic there is."

Standing there, Minho wondered if maybe things had finally fallen into their proper place. Newt and Alby were here now, safe and flare free. So was Y/N and Thomas, along with many of his other friends. They'd lost a few along the way, there had been tough times and moments of hopelessness, but they were here. They'd made it.

If anyone asked Minho, he'd do it all again. All as long as Y/N was there to run through it all with him. 

_____________________________

A/N: Hi!!! So yeah, this is the end of this fic ahahahah. I know it's dragged on for forever, but I'd rather have it finished than leave it hanging for a few more months until I muster up more inspiration. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it, despite having the ending so rushed! x(

I'm currently very invested in my current Newt x Reader fic, so if you like TMR, go check it out! 

Bye!!