Part 8 - Pierce

Part 8 - What Works Best

There's 206 bones in the human skeleton, according to good ol' Google.

The problem is trying to draw those bones.

Of course I could suffer through it alone if I wanted to. I could've. But the girl next door was standing with her friend, and was it really a crime if I wanted to get to know her? I've committed plenty before and that seems harmless.

I get into my car, which I just got back last night when my mom gave it back to me. I was letting her use it for a few days but got into an argument with her about where she was going with it, so she said she'd give it back to me and she'd just call a taxi to leave. She's going to drop Ruby off at my house to spend the night tonight, because once again, she's "going out." Also, when we were arguing, I forced her to fire the babysitter because I'm going to watch her from now on. She's my sister, after all.

This is after Iris comes over, of course.

I'm actually waiting by the outside of the school to offer her a ride when Julian is laughing with some other jocks, chuckling while he runs over towards me. He runs his fingers through his short brown hair. "Why're you still here? Usually you're gone by now."

"I'm waiting for someone."

"Oh. For Iris?" He smirks.

"Yeah, big deal."

"Chill out, man. I broke up with Sammy, just thought I'll tell you, but I gotta go now..."

"Alright, later."

With a dismissive wave, Julian jogs back over to the group he was with. A few more seconds go by before I see a familiar, messy brown bun with a hoodie.

"Princess," I call to get her attention, and even though it isn't that loud, I know that she still hears me. She stops, turning around slowly with a glare.

"What do you want?" she snaps.

"Don't you want a ride? We're going to the same place."

She crosses her arms, trying to keep a tough stance but I can see that she's considering the idea. "No. I'll manage."

"Are you sure about that?"

She sighs, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly before nodding hesitantly. "Fine," she agrees slowly, "but why?"

"Because I'm simply a nice person," I scoff.

"I wouldn't believe that in a million years."

"How evil do you think I am? I'm not that thoughtful either, Princess. Don't overestimate me. Let's go."

"Don't boss me around, okay?"

"Just get in the d*mn car or walk, stop the bickering." After she gives me a look, I put up my hands as if to surrender. "Your rules, not mine."

"Whatever."

"Someone's desperate to get the last word in."