Sectumsempra Scars

Draco Malfoy pulled his t-shirt off nonchalantly and flipped through his closet for a new top. Sitting on his bed, was Harry Potter. The dark-haired Gryffindor watched his boyfriend as he did this, savoring the view of smooth, pale skin that his boyfriend had. But he began to notice something, something barely there. Faint reddish lines went across Draco's back, almost looking like slashes. Harry's heart dropped; he hadn't thought of that in years.

"Love?" he asked. His boyfriend turned around, his eyebrows raised.

"Yes?" he replied. Draco ran a hand through his always-perfect blonde hair as he watched Harry, who seemed to be examining the other man's chest.

"I . . ." Harry spoke, stopping himself short when he realized that he had no plan or idea of what to say. Hey, Draco. Remember that one time I used a terrible spell on you in sixth year? Yeah, the time where you lied on the bathroom floor sobbing and bleeding? Mhm, I'm apologizing for it nine years late.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, his whole body now turned to face Harry.

"Um, I don't . . ."

Draco walked toward him, his eyebrows furrowed and his hands on his hips.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just, I noticed the," Harry gestured to Draco's chest, his finger making slash shapes. Draco looked down, searching for what Harry was talking about.

"Oh . . . yeah. Listen, don't worry about it, Ha- "

"I'm so fucking sorry, Dragon," Harry said quickly, standing up and nervously fixing his glasses.

"No, Harry, don't be. It's okay. You didn't know," Draco said reassuringly.

"But I did this to you. You're gonna have these scars for the rest of your life. I'm so sor- "

"Do you mind them? Visually, I mean," Draco cut Harry off.

"I don't like the memories attached, but no. I guess I don't," he confirmed.

"Well, I'm gonna be with you for the rest of my life, so you're pretty much the only other person who's gonna see it," Draco said, resting his hands on Harry's shoulders.

"But Draco," Harry continued. He looked at the scars on his boyfriend's chest again and felt another pang of guilt.

"No. None of that. Look at me," Draco told him, tilting Harry's chin upward. His wide green eyes were filled with worry and regret.

"It's. O. Kay. I promise, Harry. I'm not angry. I deserved it," he said, shrugging then letting Harry's chin go. His jaw practically dropped as Draco turned to walk back to their wardrobe.

"How can you say that!?" Harry asked, his voice raising slightly. Draco turned back around.

"Of course you don't! You never have, and you never will. You're pretty much my hero, Draco. I'm lucky you're even still willing to talk to me!" Harry said, gesturing wildly with his hands.

"We both did regrettable things, then, if that's the route you wanna go down. But don't tear yourself up over it, Harry. I'm not angry anymore," Draco said, a hand back on his hip. "And I love you, Potter." Harry didn't speak for a moment. He wanted to kiss each scar, each gash shape. He wanted to make Draco understand how incredibly sorry he was that he'd been ignorant enough to use a spell like Sectumsempra.

"I just love you so much, Draco, and I could never even imagine doing something like that now- "

"Then don't, my love. It's okay. I promise. A hundred times, I promise. Come here," Draco said, opening his arms and walking toward Harry. The two men embraced each other, and Harry placed a soft kiss on Draco's collarbone.

"I'm sorry," Harry whispered again. Draco kissed his forehead.

"It's okay. Hey, look at me," he said again. Harry looked up.

"Don't worry about it anymore, okay?"

The shorter man nodded.

"It's okay." 

Hey, guys! Yes, I do realize that it's been literal ages since I posted an actual chapter in this book, but I wrote a Drarry one shot for the first time in almost two years the other day, and my first thought was to post it. I was apprehensive at first, because I didn't know how people would react, but I hit 400 followers the other day (yay!) and I thought this would be a nice way to thank you all. I don't know if I'm going to be writing any more of these one shots, but if I do I'll most likely share it! (If you want me to, of course.) ♥