Chapter 8 - As You Wished, Sort Of

The two figures ran across the landscape, a large muscly man dressed in all blue dragging your body behind him. You staggered as the two of you ran, away or towards what you were unsure of. His grip had been strong on your tied hands, and you wondered if he had left them tied because he knew of your strength. The hillside passed you by as you raced along the edges of large drop-offs, glancing over at the man who had recently taken control of your future. How you despised him. Just as suddenly as that thought entered your mind he slowed before stopped, standing with you for a moment and releasing your hands.

"Catch your breath," He instructed, although he himself showed no signs of being out of breath nor tired. Your tied hands stopped you from bending over to steady your breathing, so you held them out to the man as you drew in harsh breaths.

"I could catch my breath better if my hands weren't tied," You complained, raising an eyebrow as your (e/c) eyes stared into his blue eyes. While he was your enemy at this moment, you had to admit his strong jawline was rather attractive. As the thought came to your mind, he reached over and untied them, his hands soft with their actions. You raised an eyebrow at this, your supposed capture was handling you like you were a doll now that you had stopped.

"Don't try running away, I won't hesitate to stop you," He informed, before taking a step back from you. He simply watched your form as you bent over, placing your hands above your head to breathe better.

"If you'll release me, whatever ransom you ask, no matter how much, I promise you'll get it," You informed, watching him with calculating eyes as he only chuckled.

"And what is that worth, the promise of someone powerful in a vulnerable position. You're very funny highness," He chuckled, closing his eyes in bliss at your apparently amusing words. You continued to try and catch your breath, looking your captor dead in the eye as you said your next words.

"That was a chance I just gave you. It doesn't matter where we go. There's no greater hunter than Prince Zemo. He could track a ghost story down with just a book. He can find you, no matter where you hide," You threatened, teeth gritting as you hissed out the words. While you hated Prince Zemo, it was true he was a very skilled hunter.

"You think your dearest love will save you?" He asked mockingly, looking down at you with his twinkling blue eyes.

"I never said he was my dearest love," You huffed, trying your head away from the man. Your eyes clouded over, thoughts of Steve filling your mind. "And yes, he will save me! That I know."

"You admit to me you do not love your fiancé?" The man asked, surprise taking over his face as he looked you over. Your body suddenly went in on itself, trying to defend yourself from his questions.

"He knows I do not love him," You muttered, hiding your face.

"Are you not capable, not capable of loving, is that what you mean!?" He exclaimed, looking mad and enraged at your words. Your own eyes widened at this, surprised at his sudden anger.

"I have loved more deeply than a killer like yourself could ever dream!" You screeched in reply, watching as his muscles tensed. His hands clenched into fists, however, they didn't move. You caught on quickly, it was clear he wouldn't hit a woman.

"This a warning, your highness. The next time, I won't hesitate to take action, where I come from there are penalties for women who lie," He hissed, looking beyond pissed.

~*~

Prince Zemo investigated the rocks where you had sat, the food still set up, the wine cups sitting where they had before. He wafted the stench of the cup into his nose, however, he couldn't smell anything. He looked down at Loki's body in disgust, cursing him for being so weak yet so rancid.