chapter six

The first thing that Ness did when he entered the carnival was take Lucas's hand and run into a direction. He actually lost Claus and Ninten a while ago, and found that Lucas was out of breath. "Sorry, Luke. You okay?"

"Y-yeah, you run too fast."

Ness guided Lucas to a bench and sat down. "Good, we lost them!"

Lucas was shocked by this, "Lost them? But Ness, why would you do that?" Ness shook his head.

"Back when we were in the line and Ninten had that asthma attack, Claus saved him, right?" asked Ness. Lucas would nod. "Alright, so then after that Claus hugged him and wouldn't let go until Ninten asked him to. Right?"

Lucas nodded, the expression of realization appearing, "Wait, so then that means that Claus...?" Ness nodded. Lucas sat silent for a while. "Wow. I mean, wow. That kind of feels awkward having a gay brother. If he even is gay..."

Ness shrugged, "Aren't you gay, Luke?" Ness also received a punch in the stomach. Ouch.

Lucas shook his head, then looked back at his feet, "Why would you even ask that?"

Ness watched as Lucas's legs started to kick to and fro, the same thing people do when they're nervous on a bench. "Oh, nothing. Just teasing."

Lucas winced. "Yeah. Y-yeah. Hey, Ness? Can I ask you something?"

Ness nodded, "Go right ahead, Luke. I wont stop you."

"I, uh, I need to know if we'd take this carnival situation as a... date."

"A date?"

"I-I-I-I mean like a-a friend d-date! Those e-exist, right?" Lucas's face was full of expression now. There was hints of pink, and yet a familiar gleam in his eyes.

Ness nodded, "Sure. I guess we could take it as a 'friend date' if you want. I have no idea why you would want to, but okay."

Lucas nodded, "I just hope we can find the others by the time we get out of here..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ninten watched as Ness ran off with Lucas, leaving him alone with Claus. Again. 

"Well, uh, I guess we'll have to be stuck with each other again, I guess." Ninten said, half to himself the other half to Claus.

Ninten turned to look at Claus, "So, uh, where do you want to go first?"

Claus was silent, like ever, and made only one gesture.

He leaned down and kissed Ninten on the forehead.