chapter twelve

Ninten sat in his room, staring at the ceiling. "What did I do wrong?" he asked himself. "Was it the kiss? Did he not want that? Am I not good enough? Why? Why? Why?" he asked over and over. He felt horrible. It had to be him. It's his fault. He did something wrong and now he has to face the consequences. It fact, all of this is his fault. He should've just ignored the world and then he would be fine. Yeah. Yeah! Yeah. Yeah? Yeah... He wanted to cry. He wanted to pour out all his tears and run away and hide forever. "If Claus wants me to leave him alone then he'll never have to see my stupid face ever again."

The word 'face' got him thinking about the flash of red he saw. He also remembered that Claus was tugging on his coat sleeve. He always wears coats, why?  thought Ninten. That doesn't matter anymore. He doesn't want me, he doesn't want me. He'll never want to see me ever again and... I should say sorry. Just once and then tell him goodbye. Right? Yeah. I.. yeah. He wiped away his tears and adjusted his hat. He walked towards Claus's room and found himself struggling to open the door.

"D-damn it... why c-cant I...?" his had rested on the doorknob and as he tried turning it, it fell off. "... well..." He breathed in and out. Inhale. Exhale. Then he knocked on the door. "Claus? I'm.. sorry."

Claus looked up. He opened his mouth to say something, but found that he had no words to say.

"I'm leaving. It's better that way, right? You'll be happier when I'm gone?"

".. N-...."

"Okay. Well. I'm gone now. B-bye, ginger..." Ninten turned around and walked out of the house.

Claus curled his hand into a fist and ran out of the room, "Ninten! Wait! Please! I- Y-you shouldn't be sorry. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I lashed at you just because I couldn't stop thinking about my p- I, uh, mean my..."

Ninten stopped for two seconds and thought, "... see? You dont even trust me with things." he stepped forward and Claus had to grab him in order to stop him from leaving.

"My past. Okay? I've been through things that I dont want you knowing about because they would hurt the both of us. Please, Ninten. Don't leave me? I need you. I love you, so much. I'm sorry.. So sorry.. P-please dont.. I.." he broke into tears, trying to wipe them away but failing miserably.

"It's okay... promise. I forgive you.." Ninten pulled Claus into a hug, holding him tightly, "I never, ever want to see you hurt again." Well, uh, too bad Claus.

Just then, Ness made a loud noise that grasped the attention of both Ninten and Claus, "No! Let him go your pig-faced-freaks!" Claus ran down to see what was happening and he froze, stopping dead in his tracks. He stood there, pale as a ghost and hid himself from the Pigmasks who were taking his brother away.

Ninten ran down as well, "What's your problem! Let go of him, dumbasses, what did he do to you?" Ninten received to answer and tried to grab Lucas but what injected with something from a Pigmask who had somehow grabbed hold of him arm.

Ness tried fighting back, and so did Lucas. Both were injected with the same drug that had knocked out Ninten who was now laying on the ground. Claus sat, hidden, and held his head. He was unable to do anything and tried not to cry at the sound of his brother screaming.

He heard Ness and Ninten both thud to the ground. Asleep.

"They've come for me. But instead, they have my brother."