Muted Part 2

I grumbled as I emptied out my locker into my bag. I'd need all the room in there I could get for later. Just as I shut my locker closed, Scott came running up to me frantically.

"Woah, what's got you so-?"

"I kissed Kira," he blurted, cutting me off.

"Oh..." I muttered, confused on why he was so weird about it. "Good." He turned, walking down the hall with me as we headed towards the locker room.

"No, not good," he groaned. "It was our first kiss since our actual first kiss."

I licked my lips, squinting at the empty hall before me. "I don't think that's how that works." Scott gave me a pointed look that Stiles often gave Isaac and I chuckled. "Okay. Was it on the lips?"

"Yeah," he said like he was unsure.

"Was there tongue?" I prodded.

A cringey expression crossed his face. "No. It-it was like how you kiss your grandmother when your five." He seemed like he hated himself while I nodded slowly, trying to understand. "It was-. It was like a peck. Like I just pecked her lips like a chicken-."

"Oh, god, you didn't."

"And now it's all completely weird, and I don't know what to do," he stammered. "Maybe I should text her."

I stopped walking and jerked his shoulders to make him face me. His eyes stared at me like I would somehow give him the magical cure for this situation. "No. You're not gunna text her, okay? You're gunna... You're gunna..." He lifted his eyebrows at me. "Um... You're gunna... Okay, yes. Here's what you're gunna do. You're gunna take her somewhere private, and you're gunna-. I'm sorry, I got nothing."

"Y/N!" he groaned, turning to walk again.

"I know. I'm sorry." I felt bad that I couldn't help him, so before we parted ways so he could go to the locker room and I could go to the field, I put my hand on his shoulder. "Okay, talk to Stiles. He was always pretty good with that kind of stuff."

Scott nodded defeatedly. I offered him a small good luck smile and he smiled back. He kissed the top of my head gently before going into the locker room. Inside I could hear Stiles' steady heart pumping and his melodic voice cracking a joke. I sighed and made my way to the field, trying to tune out Stiles' voice.

Malia and Kira smiled at me as I joined them. Malia looked a little lost in the textbook sitting in her lap and Kira seemed lost in thought. I didn't know whether or not to mention Scott, so I just kept my mouth shut. The tryouts were long and full of random team exercises, and as much as I hated to admit it, I found myself watching Stiles.

Coach finished the tryouts with laps around the field, and this time I wasn't watching Stiles because I loved him. I was watching him and cringing.

The first person passed coach, and he looked at the timer. "Terrible." Another player passed. "Horrifying. Pathetic. Unbelievably pathetic. Is that everyone?" Coach pursed his lips as Stiles came to a stop in front of him, doubled over and panting louder than a dehydrated dog.

I winced at the sight of his face scrunched up in breathless agony. With all the running away we do, you'd think he'd be more used to it by now. Poor thing. Stiles dropped onto his back, still panting, and Coach rolled his eyes. Stiles' hair was drenched in sweat, and I tried not to think too much about it. That's usually how it looked after a long night together.

"Yep, that's everyone," Coach grumbled. Scott held back a laugh as he helped Stiles up. He smiled back at Coach while Stiles huffed like he was dying.