Hitting People is Still Not Out of the Options Yet.

The rest of the lesson Nero didn't touch me, which in one way I was grateful for but in another it meant I had to deal with his stare. It was like a tangible force in the air around me, almost feeling like he was touching me, poking me in the back of the head or the ribs or my spine. It was almost more annoying, but I decided this one was easier to handle and less space intrusive so I turned back on him and pretended he didn't exist. Trust me though, that was a difficult thing to do, especially because my wolf wanted to turn around and drool over him every few minutes. It was fair to say that by the end of the lesson, my wolf wasn't speaking to me and Amber thought I had mental problems. I just shrugged at her though, playing it off as I was in a weird mood. She nodded but still remained suspicious. 

Mrs. Angel kept glancing at me throughout the lesson as well, a knowing look in her eyes. It was weird, and I wanted her to turn around and possibly teach the lesson with her back to the class. Of course that would be silly and completely improbable it would also make teaching very difficult, but it would make me feel better. 

Jacob, Amber, Cindy and Nero followed me out of the classroom as soon as the bell went and we stood momentarily in the hall way, examining the scene around us. Students rushed out of class room, punching and shoving each other to get to their destination. Amber rolled her eyes at the chaos around her and linked her arm through mine. We were about to step forward when we heard the unmistakable sound of heels along the cemented floor. We looked up at the tall blond girl, sauntering down the hallway with two girls on either side of her. It was the classic power display, especially as Stacy placed herself at the spear head. 

I smirked at her, noticing the faded black eye which even make-up couldn't cover completely. She glared at me and I was glad looks couldn't kill, because I would be rolling my grave right now. She lifted her head, trying to give herself a sense of superiority. The keyword being trying. 

Amber nonchalantly stuck her foot out, right in the path that Stacy was walking. Because Stacy was still practicing at being a princess with her head held straight ahead, she never even noticed Amber's foot, and when her shin connected with Amber's, she toppled over. Of course, it could have been avoided if she wasn't wearing 5 inch shoes, but it was Stacy and not even her werewolf reflexes could have stopped her tumbling to the ground.

Before she touched the ground though, my hand shot out and I caught her. Her face dangling dangerously close to the cement. Amber looked at me, surprised that I had saved her but I shrugged. I didn't make a move to haul Stacy up, I just let her dangle. Her already too short skirt was inching precariously high up her thighs and I made a disgusted noise in the back of my throat. 

"You bitches, why did you trip me?" Stacy screeched, while Amber snickered. Stacy looked around her, her eyes filled with tears as she looked up, obviously expecting to be held by someone else, say... Nero. When her eyes met mine, she screeched again.

"Let go of me you freak!" Her voice was high pitched and whiny and I wasn't sure how much longer my ears could take. 

"Do you really want me to do that?" I asked her quietly, my face carefully blank. She glared furiously at me, anger replacing the fake tears that were previously in her eyes filling with anger and malice which I knew could back fire on me. I shrugged at her and let her go and this time nothing stopped her face from connecting with the ground. She screeched again, a piercing sound that made me want to cover my ears. I noticed the wolves around me grimaced and rubbing their temples.

Amber was full out laughing beside me, using my arm as support as she wiped tears from her eyes. Beside her, Jacob was also laughing, although he sounded less like a hyena than Amber. Even Nero was chuckling softly, but when Stacy looked up at him, he stopped and replaced the look with pity. She seemed to take is as something different and called out for him, her face pouting as she pulled herself up, teetering on the edge of her heels before finally stabilizing. She rushed to him and threw herself into his embrace, sobbing into his shirt. I rolled my eyes. The only thing that hurt her was her ego; she was being a melodramatic bitch.