Chapter 11

15 MORE QUOTES FROM THE PROPET MUHAMMED 

1.      The Prophet (pbuh) said, “He who defends the honour of his (Muslim) brother, Allah will secure his face against the Fire on the Day of Resurrection.” [Tirmidhi].

2.      The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “The person who goes about with calumnies will never enter Jannah.” [Bukhari and Muslim].

3.      The Prophet (pbuh) said, “It is enough for a man to prove himself a liar when he goes on narrating whatever he hears.” [Muslim].

4.      The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “It does not befit a Siddiq (righteous Muslim) to frequently curse others.” [Muslim]

5.      The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Do not abuse the dead, because they have attained that which they had forwarded (i.e., their deeds, good or bad).” [Bukhari].

6.      The Prophet (pbuh) said, “Beware of envy because envy consumes (destroys) the virtues just as the fire consumes the firewood,” or he said “grass.” [Abu Dawud].

7.      The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales.” [Bukhari and Muslim].

8.      The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “It is enough evil for a Muslim to look down upon his (Muslim) brother.” [Muslim].

9.      The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Do not desert (stop talking to) one another, do not nurse hatred towards one another, do not be jealous of one another, and become as fellow brothers and slaves of Allah. It is not lawful for a Muslim to stop talking to his brother (Muslim) for more than three days.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

10.The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “When three of you are together, two of you must not converse privately ignoring the third till the number increases, lest the third should be grieved.” [Bukhari and Muslim].

11.The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “He who gives something (to someone) as a gift and then gets it back (from him or her) is like a dog which eats its own vomit.” [Bukhari and Muslim].

12.The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Not the transmission of disease of one person to another and no evil omen, but I am pleased with good omens.” He was asked: “What is good omen?” He replied, “A good word.” [Bukhari and Muslim].

13.The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “A true believer does not taunt or curse or abuse or talk indecently.” [Tirmidhi].

14.The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “A person should not enter into a transaction when his (Muslim) brother has already negotiated, nor should he make a proposal of marriage when that of his brother is pending, except with the permission of the latter.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

15.The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: ‘Do not tell lies about me, for telling lies about me leads to Hell (Fire).’ [Ibn Majah]

I think it is fair to say that there are enough quotes from the Prophet Muhammad to keep us busy in bettering ourselves, of course we will never perfect ourselves but we can try to drop our bad habits one by one and then replace it with those that have been commanded by our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

What are your favourite quotes from the Prophet Muhammad?