Eye For An Eye [Demoman × Sorceress!Reader]

My apologies for my prolonged absence, but I'm back now my dears! 

Working as Merasmus' apprentice as at time a great a experience, and others the worst. He taught you to always be obedient, even to his most ludicrous demands.

You swept the floors, washed the windows, dusted, and brewed some of his similar potions. But you were allowed to live in Merasmus' castle, and where else could you learn magic and live in a castle. The only thing that truly worried you- other than that skull on your master's head- was he would sporadically leave to fight seven men in red.

Tonight the battle seemed to come to him. You awoke to furious yelling and your master's voice echoing through the halls. He sounded as cocky as usual. Jumping from your bed, you throw off your sleeping gown and tug on the clothes you had on earlier that day.

You hurry out your room to help your master. The fact that his voice echoed through the entire castle made it difficult to locate him. You make your way through the halls cautiously, making sure to avoid the halls the men seemed to be in.

Turning a corner, your heart suddenly stops beating in your chest when a man whips around the corner and nearly runs directly into you. His warrior like grimace changes to an expression of shock.

"What're ye daein' haur, lass?" He asks quietly, shifting his weapon in his hand. Your eyes flicker to it uneasily and you move a hand behind your back, sparks starting to form at your fingertips. He didn't look like he was going to attacked, but your master had talked about these people like they killed anything they could get their eyes on, even themselves.

"You need to leave." You demand, trying to make your voice not sound as feeble as you felt. He eyebrows scrunch together, eyepatch shifting on hos face slightly. "You need to get out and leave us alone. What has my master done to warrant these ruthless attacks?"

His initial anger returns. "Whit has he dain?! 'at dobber stole mah yak!" He yells, motioning to his eyepatch. You bite on your tongue a story your master told you once coming back to you.

"You're Tavish?" You ask quietly. Suddenly, he couldn't seemed to decide if he was angry or somber.

"What's it tae ye?" He asks defensively. Truthfully, it was nothing to you. You had no past with him. You had never  even met him before.

"Nothing. Still you should leave before Merasmus gets to you." You say cautiously, killing the sparks on your fingertips so you could point back where he came. He shook his head and stood up a bit straighter.

"Aam nae leavin' withit mah yak." He says stubbornly. You try to think of something quickly when your master's loud yelling fills the halls  again. He sounded in pain. Tavish starts to run again but you grab him by his shoulder and quickly move back in front of him.

"I'll give you my eye if you will get your men to leave." You offer. You didn't know how you would do it, but there certainly had to be a way. There were so many books in the library, one had to have something that would allow for that to happen. He seems to seriously think it over for a moment before shaking his head.

"Why're ye protectin' heem, lass?" He asks. You furrow your brows and sigh.

"I'm not. Please, just take my eye and leave." You practically beg. You really weren't protecting Merasmus, firstly because he doesn't really need to be protected, but secondly, you had no where else to go. His castle was miles for the closest town. Easily a six day walk.

"Ye dornt hae to." He says. You tighten your grip on his arm and give him a hard look.

"Promise me, when it's done, you'll leave." You says firmly. He hesitates a long moment before slowly nodding. "Good, follow me." You say, hoping your nervousness didn't reach your voice of face. You quickly make your way down to the library, the Scotsman right behind you. It takes you a minute to find a spell that might work. But when you do you set about preparing it, your Master's and strange men's yelling in the background.   

Once it's complete, you're afraid to open your eyes again, unsure which one would be missing. You can hear Tavish's amazed gasps of amazement. You press your fingers to your eyelids. The left one dipping slightly, no eyeball to stop it.

"Ur ye okay?" Tavish asks, you can feel his hand on your elbow. You shove him away, covering your still closed eyes with one hand.

"Go!" You yell. "Get your men out of here!" You feel a sob rising in your throat. What were you going to tell Merasmus? What were you going to do with one eye?!

You hear his heavy boots back away. He sighs loudly but doesn't move away further.

"Thenk ye. "