16.

// ok, idk how I have 67.1K views on this thing. i don't think it's that good tbh. BUT i do appreciate it so so so much and i have a huge smile on my face when people follow and favorite the chapters! (and when people follow my account hint hint because i'm almost to 50 ;)) //

EDITED.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trekking up the hill wasn't that hard.

What was proving to be difficult, was Colby trying to convince Y/n to sneak through a random opening in the chain-link fence.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked, her eyes wider than Colby had ever seen them. And it was proving to be incredibly amusing. "That's illegal, I'm pretty sure."

"Not really." He had already crawled through, his face popping through the opening. He held his arm across the fence flap, waiting for her to join him.

"There's no way I'm going in there," she hissed. "We're going to get arrested."

"I've done it a million times." He gave a small roll of his eyes, moving the open flap up and down. "My arm is getting tired."

"Colby..." She started, biting her lip uneasily. Glancing around, Y/n made sure no one was nearby and she quickly knelt down to follow, practically shoving him in the process.

His dimpled smile was prominent and he straightened himself up, ducking through a pair of bushes. She remained silent, following him. I swear, if we get arrested.

Eventually, the pair made it to a smaller clearing, the cliff right beside them leading to a surely painful death.

Y/n couldn't get over how illegal this was, so when he tapped her shoulder and pointed up, she was taken aback. They were way closer to the sign than she had ever gone previously. Not only that, but if she followed down the hill that the sign was perched on, she could see the sprawling city below.

"Woah." It wasn't totally dark yet, but the cityscape was beautiful to take in without the twinkling lights.

"Good idea, right?" Colby said from beside, expecting her immediate praise.

"Nice view." Y/n said carefully, turning her head to the side to look at him. "Not nice way of getting here."

"We would've missed all this." He held out an arm towards the city and up towards the sign.

"You know what we did miss?" Y/n asked, taking a few more seconds to admire the view before continuing, "missed the opportunity to definitely not get arrested for trespassing."

"Where's the fun in that?"

Remaining silent for a minute, she suddenly insisted on pictures. Y/n probably took an unnecessary amount, but really, this was probably going to the the only time she was ever do something this stupid.

She didn't breath easily until they were both fully back onto the actual trail, feeling her heartbeat go back to normal.

"Are you ready to admit that you had fun?"

She shook her head and closed her eyes. "Nope."

The trip back to the parking lot was mostly filled with random, stupid questions that the two threw back and forth. Colby answering most with sarcastic answers that made the trip bearable. The afternoon was beginning to dip lightly into the evening and that brought on the slight chill in the air that Y/n welcomed.