Chapter One: Jester

"No!" He screamed, he couldn't run, his broken leg made sure of that.

He knew the day was coming. He's been jumping gang to gang, not belonging to a group. A lone wolf, though he was acting like a kicked puppy.

He had done despicable things. He knew of his crimes. He knew death was at his door. But this, this was not what he had in mind.

It was her.

She was after him.

He had no clue how he had ended up on her list.

Ace of Spades.

A notorious murderer known for killing bad people. Gang members, rapists, murderers, etc.

Many refer to her as Ace, some refer to her as spades.

When her victims began popping up all over the city, a single card marked the death as hers.

An ace of spades.

In most games an Ace card is more powerful than any other card. The spades however, that's a different story.

You see in the Tarot, spades represent intellect, action, air, and death.

She gathers information on people, plans their deaths carefully, and kills them. She comes and goes, where from? where to?, nobody knows.

People believed that was her motivation to choose that card, the symbolism is all too on point for there to be another reason.

The police stopped trying to catch her after realizing the history of her victims.

They've done despicable things. She was their judgement day. Each death more gory than the last.

Maybe he did know how he got on her list. Regardless, he knew he was dead. No one she targeted got out alive.

"Please no!" He cried out, he was scared. She planned this. No one could see them, no one could here them.

All in all, he was fucked.

She stood over him, swiftly lifting her arm. A card seemed to shine under the moons light. It had some thing on it.

Before the card slit his throat, he caught a glimpse of what was on it.

He realized what he was. He realized why she hadn't tortured him too bad, or too long.

He was nothing to her. Not even a card that could be played in her game.

She watched as blood poored from his throat.

"Pity." She muttered, "I thought he'd put up more of a fight."

She slipped his card into his pocket, and placed hers beside him.

"Then again," She stood up, wiping a splash of blood from her cheek, "What more should I have expected. from a jester?"