Three

K'Ari

I woke up to laughing and the smell of breakfast. I did a good ass stretch where my legs shook a little before getting up. I slid my slippers on before going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wipe my face.

After i finished i made my way downstairs fixing my bun. I seen Jayda was hugged up on the couch with Ant.

"Wassup sis" he greeted.

"Hey bro" i smiled.

Ant has become somewhat of a brother to me. Sometimes he was annoying and too over protective but he means well.

"Ma what you cooking?" i asked walking in the kitchen.

"Pork chops, sausage, eggs, grits, and pancakes" she said making me mentally moan.

I heard a knock at the door, but i ignored it's i watched Ma cook. I heard another knock and i looked in the living room to see Ant and Jayda not moving.

"No worries, I'll get it" i said sarcastically making them snicker.

I rolled my eyes as i opened the door. Dave hovered over me as i looked up at him. His hair was neatly braided, and he wore a grey Nike hoodie with his Nike sweatpants. White Air Force 1s blessed his feet, and he smelled like weed and body wash.

"You gone let me in?" he asked rudely making me move to the side.

He dapped Ant up and flicked Jayda's forehead before going to the kitchen with ma.

"Ari" ma called out making me sigh.

I didn't want to be in the presence of Dave and his attitude. It was to early, and I'm definitely not a morning person.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Make some kool aid" she said.

"Yes ma'am" i said grabbing the pitcher out the refrigerator.

Dave watched me as i reached in the pantry to grab the sugar. He seen me struggling and just watched.

I rolled my eyes at him as i rinsed the pitcher out. He laughed.

I emptied the kool aid packet first, then added water, and lastly i poured the sugar in.

"That ain't enough" Dave said.

"You must want diabetes" i said.

"I know i don't want that watery ass kool aid" he said making Ma laugh.

"So when he cuss it's ok?" I asked Ma in disbelief.

"He's the favorite" Jayda said walking into the kitchen.

"That's not true. My favorite is whoever I'm speaking to at that moment" she said.

I stared Dave down as i poured more sugar in the pitcher. Who do he think he is? He licked his lips before laughing and getting on his phone. Once again, who do he think he is?

"Y'all wash y'all hands and make y'all plates" Ma said.

After washing my hands i made my plate and went to the table. Of course Dave decided to sit by me.

"Aw look at the honeymooners" Ant teased.

"Boy please" i said eating a piece of my sausage.