Chapter 8: The Final Showdown

After you return to Pitch's lair, the Mini Teeth twitter as you and Jack jump from cage to cage, opening them as you go. Jack opens another cage and notices the fairies standing still.
"Come on, let's go." He exclaims. You look around and notice that all of the Minis are still in their cages.
"What's wrong?!" You asked them as the fairies just stand around, listless. Your eyes widen as a realization hits you. "None of you can fly?" You asked and they all look at you.

Baby Tooth directs Jack's attention to the Globe at the base of Pitch's lair. "The lights..." he whispers as you look towards the Globe as well.

Meanwhile at the North Pole, a Yeti very carefully sets the last of a group of newly painted red robot dolls on a shelf. He breathes a sigh of relief.
Suddenly, the entire factory begins to shake, knocking the robot doll to the ground. He dives after it, juggles it in the air, and catches it just before it hits the ground.

Suddenly, streaks of black sand whoosh up into and around the factory. The dark sand snakes its way up and around the globe, causing the Yetis and Elves to scatter and knocking toys to the floor. The Yetis and Elves look up in horror as the black sand, now covering the globe, gives rise to Pitch, who stands before them cackling.

"You're all free to go! We won't be needing any Christmas toys this year, thank you! Nor ever again!" Pitch exclaims and the yeti with the robot dolls sinks his head and sighs in defeat.

You and Jack land on the ground, standing before Pitch's Globe and it looks almost completely devoid of light. "They're all going out..." you noted in horror. 

Pitch is practically dancing across North's globe, in a giddy manner, counting down as the last few lights go dark. "Only six left! Six precious children who still believe in the Guardians with all their h--" he said when a lights blinks out. "Make that, five." Then another. "Oo! Four!" Then another. "Three!" Pitch said in ecstasy.
"TWO!" Then there was one light left. His eyes widen as he snaps his fingers with anticipation and glee. All of his hard work and planning are finally paying off!

Pitch stares down at the one last light, waiting for it to go out. But nothing. He snaps his fingers a few more times, still nothing. His smile fades. His face goes cold as he realizes...

You and Jack jump up onto the globe to closely inspect the last light. Then both of you smile. "Jamie!" Both of you said, with a smile.

Jamie is sitting up in bed, talking to an old stuffed rabbit, and whispering. "Okay look, you and I are obviously at what they call a crossroads, so here's what's gonna happen--" Both of you appear outside Jamie's window and move closer to get a better look.

"If it wasn't a dream and if you are real, then you have to prove it. Like right now." Jamie said and he waits then looks around expectantly. You and Jack look on from outside the window, wondering if anything will happen. "I've believed in you for a long time, okay? Like my whole life in fact. So you kinda owe me now." Jamie said then he picks up his stuffed rabbit and holds it close.

"You don't have to do much, just a little sign so I know. Anything. Anything at all." Jamie pleads, desperately. But nothing happens and Jamie frowns. "I knew it." He whispers and he lets the stuffed animal fall to the floor.

Both of you come into the room and watch as the light slowly fades from Jamie's eyes, disbelief setting in. You guys don't know what to do. Both of you look at each other for a moment then you start to think of an idea until a lightbulb goes off in your head. "I've got an idea." You said to Jack and you whisper your plan.

Seconds later, Jamie notices the window as the panes of glass freeze over. The image of an Easter egg suddenly appears. "Huh?" He mutters.
Jamie looks down at the stuffed rabbit on the floor, he can barely comprehend what he's seeing. Jamie looks back to the window as more of the window panes frost over. Jamie's eyes get huge with amazement. "He's real." He whispers.