0.6

Teigan hums a song to herself that's been stuck in her head all day as she dries and puts away the dishes that she just finished cleaning, wondering briefly where she must have heard it, before shrugging it off when nowhere in particular comes to mind. She mumbles a curse under her breath when her phone goes off before her thoughts can wander, putting the dish towel on the countertop next to her and reaching across the island to retrieve the device before it vibrates itself off the smooth surface - previous experience proving that scenario more than possible.

She smiles immediately, all tinges of annoyance ceasing to exist, when she sees that it isn't a nuisance call but a Facetime request from her fiancé. She presses accept straight away, leaning against the island as the call connects properly, presenting her with the man she's been missing the presence of for just over a month now dressed in his costume, complete with the long hair and everything.

"Hi, lover boy," Teigan winks, her smile widening as she hears Sebastian react to the nickname. She loves the way he laughs at the term of endearment that she only uses to joke around with him on calls.

Shaking his head at her with a smile, he waves. "Hey, prinţesă. I wasn't sure if you would answer since you might have been busy."

"Nah, the party ended hours ago," She jokes before moving to show him the plates, cups and cutlery currently air-drying on the draining board. "This is all you're distracting me from and, trust me, between talking to you and doing that, I prefer you."

Sebastian rolls his eyes at her dramatics, sitting back and just taking her in for a moment as she moves into the living room and settles on the couch with her phone propped up against some books on the coffee table.

"How's filming been?" She starts up the conversation again as she notices him getting distracted. "I remember you said the other day that you might not be around much to talk because this week is a little more busy."

Sebastian nods, "Yeah, busier than the past two weeks at least." She watches as he sips at a water bottle before getting around to answering her question. "Filming has been going good, though. We've done our share of training and gym sessions as well, which is another thing that takes up my schedule."

"You're always at the gym when you're home so that's nothing new." She comments before shrugging. "I know that working on stuff like that is important to you so I'm not going to be one of those girls that sits here and demands your undivided attention."

"You get some decent benefits out of it." He gives her a teasing smile and a wink before laughing as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, such an honour to massage your muscles because you have cramp every other night." She pretends to fan herself. "Such a dream come true."

He waves off the teasing. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Tell me about home; what have you been up to? How's work?"

She lets out a huff in response. "I've just been going through the motions - cleaning the apartment, going to work, making meals and going to bed per our normal schedule, with the occasional deviation from the normal daily agenda when you have time to talk."

He raises an eyebrow and she knows immediately that he caught onto the fact that she didn't elaborate about work or answer his second question at all. "Everything okay at work?"

She sighs, "Yeah... At least, I think so."

She looks down, fiddling with her hands in her lap, avoiding catching his eyes. She notices the camera jostle as he sits up, his focus solely on her.

"Teigan... What happened?"

She shakes her head and then shrugs. "Nothing. Nothing that I know of, at least. I've just been going to work and doing my job as usual. It's just been weird for a little while."

"Weird how?"

"I don't know how to explain it. I get along okay with my boss, you know that, and everything was okay until around a week and a half ago." She bites her lip as she thinks about how to explain the situation in a way that he'll understand but not freak out about. "He started becoming more snappy recently and it just feels like he's targeting me since none of the others seem to be being told to do better. It's just weird how nothing has changed, I literally do what I've always done, but suddenly it's not good enough."

"Are you sure it's just you? Maybe it's a staff-wide thing."

Teigan shakes her head, "I've asked a couple of the others but they haven't noticed anything different." She sighs, finally looking back at him instead of just glancing up at him every so often to avoid his gaze. "If it keeps going then I'm not going to have much choice but to quit. It's not fair for me to work somewhere where my boss is targeting me for no apparent reason."

"Keep me updated on how that turns out." Sebastian still looks concerned but allows her to let the subject drop, trusting her to handle it appropriately if it does get out of hand in his absence. "Other than problematic bosses, how's that prospect of visiting looking?"

She tips her head back against the couch cushion as she relaxes back. "If I end up losing my job, pretty darn good since I'll have nothing in particular keeping me here. Otherwise, I don't know."

"You already know my opinion about a job being the only thing keeping you so far away from me right now." Sebastian sighs. "I was really hoping for some good news on that front, though. I feel like I haven't held you in my arms in forever."

She gazes at him on the screen before humming in agreement. "The feeling's mutual, but absence makes the heart grow fonder."

Sebastian smiles at the cheesy reference. "The only thing absence is doing is making me miss you a hell of a lot."

"I love you too." She smiles fondly, before frowning as she hears a noise in the background on his end. "What was that?"

She understands quickly when he glances up towards something, his eyes widening, before he apologizes quickly and quietly to her then angles the phone in a way that suggests he's hiding the screen from sight.

"Hey, Seb, we're due on set in ten minutes." She hears a disembodied voice in the background, which she hazards a guess at it being one of his castmates. "I just thought I'd check in to make sure you knew. We can walk over together since I'm heading that way now."

"Oh," She hears Sebastian's reply clearly. "Let me just use the bathroom real quick and I'll meet you outside in a second."

There is a moment of silence where she can hear Sebastian shifting nervously before the same sound from just now happens again - they must have left again.

"Who was that?"

Sebastian moves the phone to show him again, an apologetic look plastered across his face. "Sorry for that sketchy behaviour. That was Anthony Mackie, one of my costars, who plays Falcon."

Teigan thinks for a moment before snapping her fingers when she realises who he's on about. "I know the guy you're on about." When he just nods, she continues. "Sounds like you have to go to set."

Sebastian checks the time before nodding, "Yeah, I better get moving, though, since he's waiting for me and I wasn't really lying about needing the bathroom before we go back."

Teigan rolls her eyes with a fond smile at her fiancé. "You better go do that before you end up having to have a very awkward conversation with the costume department. Te iubesc, Sebastian."

He smiles, waving to her and blowing her a kiss. "I'll text you later, probably before I go to sleep so I can say goodnight. Și eu te iubesc dragă."

"I'll be waiting." She replies wistfully before they end the call, seeing him getting up quickly just before it cuts off and shows her her phone background again.

"I hope I can see you soon because I'm missing you so damn much." She whispers to the near silent apartment, spending only a moment dwelling on the melancholy thought before redirecting her attention back to the utensils on the draining board that still need to be put away.