2.2

Sebastian clears his throat after a while, having waited for everyone to finish eating before saying anything, gaining the groups' attention. Teigan squeezes his hand, their hands still laced together in her lap, in reassurance when she sees him hesitate once everyone is looking to him to find out what he wants to say.

He takes a deep breath before speaking. "I've been meaning to tell you guys something for a while now, but I've admittedly been a bit of a coward about it and backed out multiple times because I was worried about your reactions.-"

"What's wrong? Everything okay?" Chris Evans sits up, really concentrating now.

"Yeah, everything is more than okay. It's just that, in all our time working together as a Marvel cast, you've all been honest about things like family and relationships. I know your wives, husbands, boyfriends and girlfriends names and the names of all your kids. I consider you my friends. But, I've never been honest with you about that part of my life." He glances to Teigan before looking around at the group of somewhat confused faces. Gripping her hand, and after taking a glance at the ring he brought for her now proudly sitting on her left hand, he continues. "I've been seeing someone for pretty much the whole time you guys have known me and hiding that from you lot is really hard, let me tell you that now."

Teigan smiles, glancing at his castmates around them and seeing the acceptance there in their faces. She nudges him to get him to look up, knowing that while they're as nervous as each other, his castmates acceptance means more to him than it does to her since they're his friends.

"Hey, we get it. Keeping our relationships and families private from the media is really hard so hiding that from friends is definitely ten times harder." Mark Ruffalo reaches out, squeezing his shoulder. "You were worried and we aren't judging you."

Sebastian nods, "I kept it hidden from everyone but family for so long that, by the time it got really serious and I wanted to share the news with you guys, I didn't know how to tell you."

"What news is that?" Scarlett jumps in before anyone else can raise the question.

Sebastian and Teigan share a glance before he answers his costar's question. "I asked her to marry me."

Elizabeth gasps, smiling widely. "That's amazing news. When did you pop the question?"

The Romanian smiles widely, "A couple of months ago, in March."

Mackie frowns, "Why March?"

"It's when we met. I met her in a cafe on a cold March day in New York and never looked back. I knew that when I proposed, it wanted it to be on the anniversary of that first meeting."

"Aww," Some of the group comment.

"That's so cute." Elizabeth murmurs, as Teigan nods to herself in agreement.

In all honesty, she hadn't realised how much planning he had put into the proposal until she asked him about it later on that day. She can't say that she doesn't love him even more for the sentimental value he puts on all the little anniversaries they have together, especially that one.

"Can we meet her?" Chris Evans asks, smiling excitedly at his friend.

Seb chuckles, playing with Teigan's fingers after letting go of the death grip he had before he realised that they didn't judge him for hiding his relationship from them until now. "You kind of already have. In fact, you've all met her."

Teigan sees Elizabeth frown to herself, looking at Sebastian for some kind of clue, and the blonde bites back a smile as she watches Elizabeth's eyes widen upon catching sight of their hands when Teigan moves their hands slightly to subtly draw her attention to them.

"Oh my god! You two are getting married."

The cast look bewildered for a second before Sebastian nods with a smile, confirming Elizabeth's statement. He winks at Robert as he brings Teigan's hand up to his face to kiss her knuckles.

"I thought you two nearly guessed it when we were back at the trailer," Teigan comments, her statement directed to Elizabeth and Scarlett.

They shake their heads.

"No. We knew about you being engaged since we literally asked about the ring before he turned up, but I personally thought he was just harbouring a bit of a crush on you." Scarlett smiles, shaking her head. "Though, looking back on what you said when we asked about the ring, I feel like I should have figured out that you weren't engaged to a normal, everyday guy."

Teigan smiles, "Sebastian is definitely no normal, everyday guy." She comments as the Romanian kisses her temple, making the others laugh as Seb just sends her a fond smile as he pulls back.

The cast congratulates them, Chris and Anthony making their way around the group to hug Sebastian as well as verbalise their congratulations. When they've all settled again, Robert having apologised for what he told Seb earlier, the group slowly go back to normal conversation subjects, for the most part, splitting off as it gets closer to the time to filming again. Anthony, Chris, Sebastian and Teigan wander away from those left at the table, making their way slowly towards the set again.

"You know, you could have told us about everything when we were asking if you liked her just after the Philadelphia convention." Anthony comments, holding the door open for the group to go through, smiling as he watches his friend pass with his arm around Teigan's waist.

"Such a good idea," Seb replies sarcastically. "Like, 'yeah, I'm actually in love with her. We're engaged by the way.' I'm sure that would have gone well."

Teigan rolls her eyes at his exaggeration, "They're basically your best friends, so I'm 90% sure it would have."

"See, this is why I like her. She's smart." Mackie points to her as he speaks.

Chris laughs, "We're happy for you, Seb. Just, let us know when the wedding is - that's one thing I for one definitely don't want to miss."

"We haven't actually picked a date yet," Teigan shrugs. "Or planned anything at all now that I think about it."

Seb hums in agreement, kissing the side of her head. "But we will. I've got just under a month left on this and then I have a break before the next film, so we can start working on it together then."

"In no rush, then?" Chris quips as they come to a standstill just out of the way of all the equipment, only briefly glancing at the couple as Sebastian moves to stand behind her with his arms around Teigan's waist, holding her close to him.

"We've been together this long without a piece of paper or a ring to prove our love, I'm sure we can survive a bit longer without them now." Teigan sticks her tongue out at the other guys, making them laugh, before tipping her head against Sebastian's shoulder. "What do say? We got this covered, right?"

He smiles, leaning his head down and pecking her lips. "Definitely."