Chapter 5

Shadow POV.

I started walking down the street seeing cars passing by. Normally I wouldn't see many traffic but today was a bit crowded. I walked into a gas store seeing a employee sitting down writing something on a book at her desk by a cash register.
She looked at me and said
"Hey Shadow"
"Hey Blaze" I said as I went to the drinks section. I opened a door where the drinks are and pulled three Pepsi's and brought them to Blaze.
"How was today ?" She asked while chewing a gum and scanning the drinks. "$3.50" she said then I paid her.
"Well... I cant say it was good." as I opened a soda.
"Hmm.. what happened this time." as she opened a soda also then took a sip.
"Well at work my boss told me that he's giving me a vacation because I'm not resting well and Rouge and I been arguing too much already."
"Life just keeps on getting "better" as she continued drinking.
"I-I Don't know what's going to happen Blaze this isn't getting any better..."
"Your lucky you can work at night, I can't do that no one wants me...."
"Because your face is ugly?" She chuckled.
I made a face then I said
"No because I'm tired -_-, I keep falling asleep but then wake up every minute. How do you do it? Just staying up all day and night."
She answered
"I don't know I guess I'm just used to it but-... I'm tired too.."
Blaze and I been friends for a couple months now. Before I met her I thought I was the only one who had this problem but I guess I wasn't. I looked at one of her books that was behind her on a counter saying
How to be a professional photographer
She always reads that book.
Two customers came in the store and quietly when to the alcohol section and got a pack of 5. They looked younger than me and Blaze, I'm guessing high schoolers.
One was a girl and the other was a boy dressed up like normal people.
Blaze gave them a cold look and started scanning the drinks.
"May I have your ID?" she asks then the boy took out his to her.
I peeked and say his age 18 but was written in black marker. I looked at Blaze then she looked at me.
Blaze gave the card back to him and said "$5.80" then got paid.
The both customers got the drink and left quickly.
"Have fun bitches" Blaze said when they closed the front door.
"Oh Blaze.." then I facepalmed.
She takes out a scramble board game and says
"Wanna play?"
I simply just nodded and opened the box.

The End.