f o u r

It has been a week since the encounter with them in the Three Broomsticks, and Cedric and Summer certainly didn't use any effort to keep their relationship a secret. If you ever roamed around the halls for a while, you would eventually see them holding hands, being all lovey-dovey and stuff. Occasionally, you would see them snogging against a wall somewhere.

I didn't want to admit it, but every time I saw them, it hurt, which was almost all the time. Something strange about their relationship was that Cedric always seemed to be glued to the hip to her, and the chances of seeing them apart was extremely rare to never; they were only separated unwillingly by classes.

Something seemed wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Soon, it was the last lesson of the day, potions class with the Hufflepuff, and Professor Snape whipped ( whipped? 😂 ) into the dimly lit room.

"Today, we will be writing an essay on amortentia, as I have warned you last lesson. I hope you have remembered to study, or else... you will fail miserably," he drawled in his monotonous voice.

Cedric was sitting at the desk beside mine with his friend, Edward ( yes I did that on purpose, and no Linney I am not naming the next friend Robert because I know what you'll say 😂 ) , and I noticed that Cedric made no attempt of conversation with him, and that his head was down, looking at a photograph, and I would be mad not to know who it was.

He put his hand up. "Professor Snape," Cedric began. Oh no. "May I be excused from class?"
Snape slowly turned, and fixed his death glare onto Cedric. If there was something those Puffs knew, it was that Snape hated them the most out of all the houses.

"And what, Mr Diggory, could be more important than this at the moment?" Snape said. "Well you see, I have to go see Summer, you see. She's my girlfriend and I love her and I must meet her now. I just can't stand being away from her," Cedric rambled.

The professor narrowed his eyes at Cedric and muttered, "Detention with me for a week, Diggory. And 60 points from Hufflepuff."
I saw that coming. Cedric shrugged, as if the loss of 60 whole points was nothing big.

Most Hufflepuffs groaned, but Cedric merely ignored them and continued to gaze at the photo of Summer. Something was immensly wrong. There was no one as loyal to their house as Cedric.

Everyone started to write their essays, and I - after shooting one last glance at Cedric who, instead of writing his essay, was doodling on his page 'I love Summer', and all that - began to write mine.

Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in existence. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker. It is distinctive for it's mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from it in characteristic spirals.

Although it is called a 'love potion', Amortentia doesn't create true love; it is impossible to recreate or imitate love.

Instead, the person under the effect of the potion will only hold an obsession for the person who administered it.

As I kept writing, pieces of puzzles began to fit in my head. There was an extremely possible chance that Summer had slipped a love potion into his butterbeer that day. She was the waitress, so she could've simply sneakily poured some in the drink when no one was watching.

That was why as soon as Cedric sipped the drink, he left me to find Summer. It definitely seemed like he was under the influence of a love potion, but to stay under it, he would have to take a dose of it at least once a day.

Breakfast! Summer must've always topped it up at breakfast in his morning pumpkin juice. He always sat next to her at the Slytherin table, and for Summer, she could just slip the potion in; quick and easy.

Then I remembered, Snape had stormed into the classroom last week, demanding to know if any of us stole Ashwinder eggs, Powdered Moonstone and Pearl Dust from his private supply of ingredients. Those were all used in making Amortentia!

My mind was churning all lesson; everytime I wrote a paragraph about Amortentia, a little piece joined the puzzle, developing a clearer picture of what had happened. Never have I ever been more glad that I had to write an essay in my whole life.

After the lesson, I dragged Peter to my dormitory, and luckily no other girls were there at the time. I told him everything about how Summer must've used Amortentia on Cedric, and we developed a plan.

We would find a way to make Cedric stay away from Summer for a whole day, until the Amortentia wore off, and then he'd be back to the kind, funny, caring Cedric I knew and loved.

I slept restlessly; I couldn't wait for tomorrow.